It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

yock HB User
hypo and thin?

I used to be pretty thin, and when I did gain weight it was always relatively easy to lose it. Since I've had Hashi's, no matter what I do, and believe me I've tried it all, I can't seem to lose weight. I take Armour, and in my last appointment, my numbers were perfect. Are there any thin people out there who are hypo or have Hashi's? And please tell me, what's your secret? And if you lost weight, how did you do it? I excersize faithfully, eat nutritous foods all to no avail. I'm very frustrated.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #2

Nehemia HB User
Re: hypo and thin?

Are you male or female? Age?

I have been hypo for 24 years and on Synthroid for that long. I am thin and have never had a problem with weight control. I don't exercise as I should, but I do try to watch what I eat at times.

Perhaps it is more heredity that determines this if you levels are all normal? Or, if you are a menopausal female maybe that contributes to the weight gain. I just turned 47 and am now experiencing some menopausal symptoms and I am concerned that weight gain may be next.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
(female)

yock HB User

Yep, female, 46, menopausal, and quit smoking 8 months ago. However the weight gain began right about the time I started taking Armour which was about 3 years ago.

How do you stay thin? Do eat a certain amount of calories per day? Do you excersize, and if so, how much? THx for your replies.

Last edited by yock; 12-02-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Old 12-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #4

LynnHan HB User

It maybe related to your OTHER hormone levels...you maybe estrogene domient.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #5

Its Megan HB User

yeah Im hypo and thin...however im not going to be of much help. Im not trying to be thin... I dont really understand it either. I lose weight instead of gain it??

Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #6

Renee' HB User

GRRRR, I'm hypo and THIN too. I try to GAIN but can't. I'm on Armour thyroid. My Mom is hypo, and overweight, go figure. By the way, I've got Hashi's too. I don't exercise much either. BUT I'm 48, and full blast into menopausal hell, lol.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

I am overweight but since I have been taking Armour. Well lets just say "I smile when I hop on the scales in the morning".

Old 12-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
(female)

yock HB User

Grrr is right. I've only gone into menopause since September so I know it's not that. I work out like a maniac all to no avail. For the way I eat and work out I should be bone thin. I wonder, and please I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this, if the weight gain is due to the thyroid medicine? Not the medicine specifically, but the way it "stabilizes" our metabolism. Maybe I'm off base here, but I'm grasping for any shred of an answer on why I use to lose weight so easily and now it's such a struggle. 2 years ago (before I was diagnosed with Hashi's) I gave up all wine and beer for lent. Didn't change my eating habits, and didn't work out at all. Lost 25 lbs in 3 months. The weight just melted off. Go figure?

Last edited by yock; 12-03-2004 at 10:53 AM.

Closed Thread