It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

BonBe HB User
New Blood Tests for me soon!

well, I went to the doctor for my 'chat' and my prescription renewal for the synthroid. Will have the full panel AND THE FREE T3 and FREE T4 and TSH, done as well...I am shooting horseshoes on those Frees... (like the please humour me, bit last year is still working!)

she, (doc) was amazed that I was able to communicate my wishes easily and even talked about how the TSH (me talking her looking at me with shock) is not a true reading...but then also I wanted my DD to have a thyroid panel and she only is having the TSH so we shall see what her numbers show, compared to mine, and if high or low or out of wack I will tell DD to insist on the FREES.

So because I have to do a 14 hour fast for the rest of the tests (mainly the Cholesterol ones, I will have it done on Monday and if I may post the results here for analysis by you expert guys! (and guyettes)

I feel like a stone has been lifted off my chest. I was worried about who is to be my primary care doctor for this other stuff I am going through, and how the communication for my fears need to be addressed, and those of the family (DD is not coping well, was offered counselling) but we will sort through it all. one baby step at a time.

ah well, at least I am getting the FREES done, and I did not even have to ask!!!

Bonnie

Last edited by BonBe; 12-02-2004 at 12:56 PM.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: New Blood Tests for me soon!

Wonderful!!!! glad that had worked out and you at least have one less thing to stress about.
Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

BonBe HB User

had to go to the doctors office for my mothers annual check up, and I asked if I could have a photocopy of my last blood test (last monday Dec 6th) It was back from the lab but my friend the secretary said "Doctor has not seen these, and from the numbers of your cholesterol she will most def want to talk to you, so made an appt for me to speak to the doctor on the 16th.... HMMMM am right now trying to find if there is any corelation (sp) with higher cholesterol and TD.

ilf any one knows feel free to jump right in here.... but back to searching go I.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBe
...am right now trying to find if there is any corelation (sp) with higher cholesterol and TD.

ilf any one knows feel free to jump right in here.... but back to searching go I.
YES! There is a correlation. Long before we had a TSH test, people were diagnosed as hypothyroid if their cholesterol was elevated.

Do a search on *********** for hypothyroidism and cholesterol adn you will find loads of good info.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Closed Thread