It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 08:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Too much Armour!!

Looks like I will have to back off the Armour. Lastnight I could not sleep because my heart was beating fast and keeping me awake.

Will wait to see what my bloodtests look like.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
Inactive

sillysundy43 HB User
Re: Too much Armour!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady50
Looks like I will have to back off the Armour. Lastnight I could not sleep because my heart was beating fast and keeping me awake.

Will wait to see what my bloodtests look like.
How much Armour are you taking now? I heard that you can get heart palps from menopause also! If you don't have other syptoms of hyper, I would consider that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Yeah I've already went down the menopause thing. Now it's good ole postmenopause.

I only get the palps in the evening. I'll just wait for my bloodtests to see what to do next. I'm going to go ahead with HRT. Maybe it will make me feel younger. HEE!! HEE!!

Old 12-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #4

dogtired HB User

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead with HRT
Be careful with that HRT girl..it's not very popular now days.
Have you checked into natural bioidentical hormones we're discussing
this in another thread.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User

Hi Lady! I was also experiencing problems in the evenings. I reduced the dose for a few days and divided it in half - took half in the am and half after lunch. Then I increased it after that, taking it in divided doses. I have never been hyper; I think my mini palps show up when the T3 gets out of my system. I have found no more problems after dividing the dose.

Do you have the same problems in the morning after you take the armour?

Just thinking out loud here!

Old 12-06-2004, 05:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Since my mother died of breast cancer, it would probably not be a good idea to go on that synthetic stuff. I was thinking of maybe a transdermal patch.

I just started getting the palps in the evening when I set down to rest. They are still there when I lay down.

Just have to see what my bloodtests look like when I get them done.

I should get my iron checked to rule anemia out. My lips do get a little pale sometimes. That could mean anything.

Thank you all for sharing your information

Old 12-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Lady:

You are tooo funny. I give you a lot of credit for keeping and eye on your health.

You go girl!

This is in line with my thinking that it is the t3 component that races the heart. My guess is the t3 outpaces the t4 to a big degree when taking 1oo percent Armour.

You could always scale back a smidge on the Armour and add in some t4 in its place for a truer "human." ratio, as opposed to a "pig" ratio.

Remember the idea here is to "mimic" what our creators gave us.

~S

Old 12-07-2004, 07:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wow you are just too smart. My blood tests showed my t3 to be in a good spot but the t4 was low. That was the end of October.

Yesterday I didn't take the Armour(in fear of a heartattack). Lastnight didn't have the heartflutters(weird huh)?

I read an Article on Clinical Thyroidology(forgot the issure date). It said to raise the t4 to the upper half of the range and this will make the t3 raise higher. That is, of course is not for people that cannot convert the t4 to t3 very well.

I know I better wait to see what the bloodtests look like. I have a feeling the t3 might be a little too high.

Thanks for your help

Closed Thread