It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 06:51 AM   #1
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User
Question Burning legs

Hey all,
sorry to keep bugging you with questions but has anyone experienced burning legs? My leg started burning last night and it is still burning this morning it is extremely painful, i have had achy legs before but never burning legs. Also does anyone have jaw and teeth pain? because i have had the worst problems with my teeth this year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User
Re: Burning legs

I've had jaw/teeth pain before - lots actually.

Can you be more specific? Is it one tooth? Does it feel like it's in your jaw/ear? Is it worse in the morning?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Jaw pain ear temple pain yes, no burning legs though and don't feel bad about asking questions that is why we are all here!

Old 12-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #4

KayKay1173 HB User

Hi,

I haven't had jaw/teeth pain other than a cavity, but I have a tingling sensation in my jaws. You know how you get a tingling sensation in your jaws when you open a jar of pickles or jalapenos? Just the smell of it causes that sensation. That's the only problems I've had with jaw/teeth. It can happen any time, day or night with me. It's really agrevating! Have you experienced anything like that?

Kay

Old 12-08-2004, 10:54 AM   #5
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User

it is one tooth at the moment and i'm freaking out that it's going to break my dentist is baffled by the teeth problems i've been having since I take such good care of my teeth but my teeth are decaying and one has broken already i've had 6 cavities this year and I hadn't had a cavity in 12 years! and yes it does feel like pressure in my ears and it hurts in my temple and jaw it almost feels like my bite out of place most times. Thanks for all of your help guys i really appreciate it, this has been the worst year of my life. I am desperate for someone to believe that my symptoms aren't depression or fibromyaliga. My docs are no help i am so glad i have found you guys. you are all angels Thanks again

Old 12-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Kay sounds like salivary glands working overtime? Sickie I don't really believe in fibromyalgia diagnosis, (I have one myself) I do believe that there are lots of diseases that have Fibromyalgia like symptoms. To me its just a name for a group of symptoms.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #7
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User

I agree with you completely fibromyalgia is just something docs say to shut you up and i know it! how do i fix my salivary glands? I really hate worrying about my teeth all the time the stress seems to make me feel worse! I just want to know that yes this can be treated and I can feel like a normal person again.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickiemcgee
it is one tooth at the moment and i'm freaking out that it's going to break my dentist is baffled by the teeth problems i've been having since I take such good care of my teeth but my teeth are decaying and one has broken already i've had 6 cavities this year and I hadn't had a cavity in 12 years! and yes it does feel like pressure in my ears and it hurts in my temple and jaw it almost feels like my bite out of place most times. Thanks for all of your help guys i really appreciate it, this has been the worst year of my life. I am desperate for someone to believe that my symptoms aren't depression or fibromyaliga. My docs are no help i am so glad i have found you guys. you are all angels Thanks again
It's quite possible you have TMJ which is a "disorder" of sorts in your jaw. (You might want to visit the TMJ board here) I've had it since I was little. A CAT scan showed my jaw was infact mis-aligned and the joint itself was getting stuck when my jaw open and closed. This causes amazing amounts of pain in the jaw, the ear (usually right in front of it, and/or just behind the lobe), your temples, even your neck and shoulders from the stress. I ended up needing a root canal on one of my upper molars a couple months ago - probably attributed to the constant clenching problem I have. I rarely have the "clicking" noise you hear associated with TMJ - so even if your jaw doesn't "click" doesn't mean you dont have jaw problems.

Basically when you have TMJ you clench, and grind your teeth (consciously and even subconsciously). If your clenching down SO HARD on your teeth - of course they're going to break. You need to mention this to your doctor/dentist as a possible cause for your problems. You could also try an inexpensive remedy and see if it helps in the mean time - go to a sporting goods store and get a mouth guard. Wear that at night and see if that helps any of the pressure on your tooth. What it will do is spread out the pressure to all your other teeth. Do you find when you close your mouth normally, with no food in it, that your teeth hit that tooth alone?

Also, if you notice the tooth hurts more in the morning? What I like to do is take half a dose of Tyenol PM (just one pill). This is enough for me to relax and not clench down on my teeth as much. I still do it, but I don't wake up in a lot of pain.

warm compresses help me most, you could also try ice, but that tends to make my jaw hurt even more. I saw an oral surgeon. He was the one that ordered the cat scan and got me into an appropriate night guard. You might also want to see if your GP or your dentist could prescribe a muscle relaxer for you - that helped me get through the nights with a half decent nights sleep.

I hope this helps some.. I know what that kind of pain is like. *hugs*

Old 12-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User

I never had burning leg feeling, but I did have burning feet. It was terrible! I would keep my feet out of the bedcovers and move them every few seconds to get them cooled off. It went away. Never any teeth problems though.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User

I do have TMJ and have for several years I wear a mouth guard at night to deal with the clenching and grinding i never had very much trouble with the TMJ and my chiropractor tells me that my jaw isn't very far out of alignment so the TMJ can't be causing all this pain.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #11
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User

thanks for all of the help guys! you're all great!

Old 12-08-2004, 02:52 PM   #12
(female)

stramela HB User

Oh my God! I had the same thing about a month ago for about 2 weeks on and off. The pain would hit around 3:00 in the morning while I was sleeping in my upper outer thigh. It felt like a million needles were being injected and then a sudden burst. My hand would automatically go to my thigh and it was practically on fire. I would jerk my hand away to the high heat. It was very very strange. Only in my thigh and really only on the left side.

I went to my doctor and he said it was sciatica and gave me a prescription for Naproxen. Again, it has been about a month and the sight still feels "strange" - not bad - just different. I took the meds for about a week and I am happy to say I have been burn free for a good month!!

I would be interested to hear from others as well.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #13
(female)

kloet HB User

I am amazed that I am not the only one with these problems. I had it the other day I felt like something landed on my foot and it just started burning. I looked and there was nothing there. It just felt like it was on fire. Could this be similar to your legs? Talking about teeth. I just came from the dentist today cause I was complaining of a sore tooth and jaw on my right side. The dentist took an x-ray and it turns out that I had sinusitis(sp?) and it was going down into the roots of my teeth. I never even knew I had sinusitis. I was having trouble sleeping and headaches. I also was given the diagnosis of fibromylagia and still believe it is all thyroid related. If anyone has more info please let me know. Thanks and God Bless.

Old 12-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickiemcgee
I do have TMJ and have for several years I wear a mouth guard at night to deal with the clenching and grinding i never had very much trouble with the TMJ and my chiropractor tells me that my jaw isn't very far out of alignment so the TMJ can't be causing all this pain.

I think you'd be very suprised. My jaw is millimeters out of line and it's been so painful it's put me in bed for the day. I realize we're both different, but it still has a great affect on your pain.

Your TMJ joint is the most complicated joint in your whole body. If it's even slightly out of whack, it throws everything off.

If your jaw, your teeth, and your temples all hurt? I can almost guarantee it's from your jaw. I'd bet money on it.

Closed Thread