It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
(male)

mikeb HB User
LYNNHAN - Question - HRT

Lynnhan, I read a couple of posts where you mentioned that you may be starting "bioidentical hormone replacement therapy" soon. If you do try it (or have), could you please post some of your experiences or reactions with this type of therapy on this board? What were some of your research resources on Bio HRT?

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #2

LynnHan HB User
Re: LYNNHAN - Question - HRT

SURE!!! I'd be glad too! Currently "we" are posting lots of "current" experiences under the post about how premenopause and thyroid symptoms are similar...started by Lucy Pearl. It's over 5 pages so far. It's got several of us either on the verge of starting this treatment or others who have...or are trying the over the counter stuff.

The BEST source of information to get yourself started is by reading Dr. John R. Lee's book "What Dr's MAY NOT tell you about premenopause" ~ it's an excellent place to start.

Type in JohnRLee in a search engine and check out his site too!

Mikeb, this is SOOOOOOOOO PROMISING! Another resource, and one I recommend HIGHLY is to look up your area's compounding pharmacy in your phone book, and CALL and see IF they "do" the bioidentical therapy...and THEY are a PERFECT SOURCE for information. Trust me, THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!~

I WILL "report" my experiences...because this is SO SO HOPEFUL!!!!!

Especially if I can lose my weight..and feel good. This is ALL interrelated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
(male)

mikeb HB User

Thanks Lynn,

I've already contacted my local compounding pharmacy for info, just waiting for their reply.

I just read an article in a magazine about Suzanne Summers and she has nothing but good things to say about bio hrt. Her and her husband both have benefitted from it.

So then I came here to see what was being reported here on the topic. Couldn't seem to find much about it on the boards. Maybe you'll be the start. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 12-09-2004, 07:20 PM   #4

LynnHan HB User

Mikeb, Please, you too, keep us posted about what you discover. I personally feel that it's more then likely going to be "word of mouth" and reading what others are experiencing to pique one's interest in it being something to follow up upon. I agree, not alot of sites YET, that I've found anyways....that is why I'm more then pleased to be a strong vocal advocate for it, IF in fact it's working well for me. Boards, and information and experiences are INVALUABLE TOOLS for those of us in this same boat!!!

It may NOT be for everyone, but if it's going to make a difference in ONE other person, then talking about it is worth it! However, I personally feel it is more then likely benificial to MORE of us then we even realise.

I'm glad you've contacted your pharmacy. With Suzanne Sommer's "promoting it" it's going to make those compounding pharmacy's even MORE busy, that is UNTIL more compounding pharmacy's start appearing in our areas! I can't even get with my pharmacist until MARCH for my initical counciltation, they are so backed up. They said though that they are working on hiring another knowledgable pharmacist who is capable of that initical counciltation details.

As long as I get started with the hormones, I'll be patient and wait for my first meeting with him! Besides, it will make MORE sense when I know how it feels!

Best Wishes to you Mikeb...please please join us in our dicussions of this subject, should you decide to go with this too? More the merrier, I say!

Old 12-10-2004, 08:01 AM   #5
Inactive

naanee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Lynnhan, I read a couple of posts where you mentioned that you may be starting "bioidentical hormone replacement therapy" soon. If you do try it (or have), could you please post some of your experiences or reactions with this type of therapy on this board? What were some of your research resources on Bio HRT?

Thanks.
Hi,

I am not new to this board, i do read posts every day here. I Start NHRT since this Sept.04. I had hyst. Last year. I kept my ovaries but they never start working after my Surgery. I have been to the roller coster ride since my hyst. but since i start NHRT i am my old self now. Every thing good. at first i had some problume like i was not absorbing it in a pill form plus i have udjust my dose. but now i use cream that is so much batter. I feel human again you know what i mean. good luck.

Last edited by naanee; 12-10-2004 at 08:03 AM.

Old 12-10-2004, 06:42 PM   #6

LynnHan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaan
Hi,

I am not new to this board, i do read posts every day here. I Start NHRT since this Sept.04. I had hyst. Last year. I kept my ovaries but they never start working after my Surgery. I have been to the roller coster ride since my hyst. but since i start NHRT i am my old self now. Every thing good. at first i had some problume like i was not absorbing it in a pill form plus i have udjust my dose. but now i use cream that is so much batter. I feel human again you know what i mean. good luck.

WONDERFUL MMAAN!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! It gives those of us just STARTING this treatment encouragement that we are on the right track!!!!

Closed Thread