It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User
Possible Thyroid Prob.....Please help

Hi All

I am new to this part of the board, I am 29 year old female with 2 kids - 8 year old boy and a 3 year old girl.

This all started approx 4 months ago, I thought I might have TMJ due to jaw cracking etc etc.....but lately I have been having more symptoms which I can't relate being to TMJ, so I was thinking a possible thyroid prob, here are my symptoms.

1) Headache in temporal regions, sometimes left then right or occasionally both.
2) Numbness feeling like coming off a dentist injection first started in right but been more in left recently.
3) Weakness, tingling, numbness and occasion stiffness of both arms and legs.
4) neck pain/stiffness and shoulder aches
5) lower back pain
6) tingling of lips and tongue
7) feeling of something in throat
8) not to sure but i think i might have a nodule or something, it slightly tender on the left side of neck which makes the vein in the neck protude a little.
9) swollen glands
10) eye pain with like fluid underneath the eye
11) nasal congestion
12) Seem to be very shivery.
13) Don't know wether this has anything to do with the thyroid or tmj or something else but when I am sat in front of the fire or if I have been crying(which i have been doing alot of lately, because I don't know what going on with my body) my cheek feels like its becoming numb (like the novacaine).
14) funny taste in mouth like metallic.

I think thats all....lol

Thanks in advance

Evonne

Last edited by EvonneMCFC; 12-09-2004 at 05:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: Possible Thyroid Prob.....Please help

You have many symptoms. Have you told any of this to your Dr.?

Old 12-09-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User

I think you need to have your thyroid tested. A lot of those symptoms can be related to a thyroid problem so it would be a good idea to have it checked out.
The following tests are the ones you will want to ask for....
FREE T3
FREE T4
TSH
Total T3
Total T4
TPO and TSI antibody testing.

It may be hard to get them to do all of them, but if you can at least get some it would tell something, and make sure they DO test the antibodies and don't just test TSH.

If you want, post your results here on the boards with the ranges and we will help you understand them. Keep in mind that with thyroid problems the test results need to be in a certain area of the range, just being "in range" does not mean you are o.k. and there is no problem, a lot depends on where in the range your results fall.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
Inactive

westin4 HB User

As someone who suffers from severe tmj and hashi's I can tell you that alot of the symptoms do overlap. From you list it looks like you have symptoms of both. I can tell you for sure that the numb feeling you have is totally tmj, I have had that for about 8 years. Have you ever been diagnosed with either?

Karen

Old 12-09-2004, 08:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Sounds serious enough to look further into. I found my problems when an endo with a scan machine checked my neck for goiters. Someone who specializes in Thyroid will be key here. If you get it ruled out, you at least know to look in other directions.

Good luck,

~S

Closed Thread