It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

Lynn** HB User
Liver Cleansing...anyone ever do this?

I'm just curious? I wonder if it would be beneficial...but mostly, I wonder what it entails?

I've "tasted" a mixture of lemon juice, blackstrap molasses, and ciane (sp?)pepper ~ that I BELIEVE is a "liver" cleansing recipe. Actually, it's quite tasty....but, I don't know if I could "fast" on it. But, then again, perhaps I could if I knew it would help me help myself?

Just curious if anyone has any experience on doing this?

Old 12-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #2
(female)

Sherriof WV HB User
Re: Liver Cleansing...anyone ever do this?

Hi....I have also heard that Liver cleaning is a great way of getting back to the basic...removing all the bad stuff that we live with and put into our bodies. I was on "Healthy Performance" by Dr Bridget Chufo for about two months (too expensive to continue) but they had a Detox pill that you took three times a day. It is a combo of the following: Bentontic powder, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin C, Phyllium Powder, Barley (entire plant), chlorella (entire plant), garlic, lactobacillus acidophilus, Bromelain, celery powder, aloe vera powder, prune concentrate, mint, flax powder and anise in that order. It must be kept in the fridge. Did it work.......I have to admit that it did work. I would clean out at least three times a day and I really felt less bloaty and I did feel good. But then after I stopped it ( like they told me to do) on one month off the next then on again. I started up again and I felt bad. I found out that I think my thyroid med and the flax didn't go good together. So I stopped taking them. I've also heard of a vinegar cleaner.......also others.......but I am scared to try due to all the other health problems that are occuring due to the hypoT. Just some info.........Talk later Sherriof WV

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 05:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn**
I'm just curious? I wonder if it would be beneficial...but mostly, I wonder what it entails?

I've "tasted" a mixture of lemon juice, blackstrap molasses, and ciane (sp?)pepper ~ that I BELIEVE is a "liver" cleansing recipe. Actually, it's quite tasty....but, I don't know if I could "fast" on it. But, then again, perhaps I could if I knew it would help me help myself?

Just curious if anyone has any experience on doing this?
I haven't done it myself, but I detoxify my horse about once a month - though not by fasting him (that would be more harmful than good). There are herbal remedies to help do this for him, but I haven't researched detoxifying our liver. I'm sure there's remedies out there! And yes, it's been very beneficial for him.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:32 AM   #4
(female)

Lynn** HB User

Thank you Sherriof and irys!

I've read about this, but again, I'm uneducated on this kind of stuff..and don't know how to go about it...but, I FEEL it would be benificial. I can see how it would be.

Like you mentioned Sherriof, I don't want to do anything that's going to compete or harm my thyroid meds...but I STILL want to do this. I'm going to see my new alternative Dr. and have this on my list for him as well.

I highly doubt SUGAR or CAFFININE will be included on that LIST! Darn it all.....sigh.....

Anyone else have any experience or suggestions I greatly appreciate your input?

Closed Thread