It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

wendywahoo HB User
joint & bone pain

I am new to being diagnosed with hypo. I find that I have extreme pain in my joints and bones. It sometimes feels crippling and locks up the extremity that is having the pain at that particular time. Mostly my hip down into my knees and my shoulders down into my fingers. Is this normal for hypo and what can be done to help with this.
Any advice is appreciated!!!
Wendy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
(female)

Sherriof WV HB User
Re: joint & bone pain

Hi there ! I too have HypoT and I am having the same kinds of pain. In the morning I am lucky if I can get out of bed. Also after sitting in my college classes, I have a hard time getting out of the chair. I'm 41 and was very active until now. I am still trying to find solutions and it's hard. I am currently researching for a good Dr. May have found a few in my state. WV.......my advice to you is to stay with it and don't give up. Keep looking for that solution that works good for you. I have found that simple streching before I get out of bed helps some.....I am trying not to rely on pain killers.....I'll let you know if I find anything helpful in my research !! lots of luck and positive vibes to you. Sherriof WV

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

Lynn** HB User

Hi Wendy,

That is a very common symptom of hypo. I get it too myself. I notice it when my thyroid meds are undermedicating me. As a matter of fact, when it's really hurting me, I KNOW my meds are being interfeared with! Then I go start looking for reasons why.

When do you take your thyroid meds? Anytime around drinking milk or taking calcium in you vitamin? This can substancially reduce the effectiveness of your thyroid medication.

OR perhaps your Dr isn't prescribing enough? Do you have your blood test numbers? (plus their ranges?)

Also, what age are you, if you don't mind me asking? I've recently learned why we woman ACHE could be as a result of bone loss that occurs for us girls over 30...and gets worse as we head towards menopause. We, more the likely,, are suffering from too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. Progesterone builds our bones...while estrogen doesn't.

The PAIN could be due to the fact that new bone isn't being produced.

Hence why we then start suffering from rhumetoid arthritis or osteoparosis too! I believe, personally, that it's ALL connected.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

scriv HB User

My thyroid levels are now low and I am suffering from joint, muscle and bone pains too. I feel stiff too...like an old crock, particularly in the mornings.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

wendywahoo HB User

Lynn Thanks for the response. I am 35 years old, I just take my medicine, no vitamins. I am taking my pill at night before bed. I had problems taking it before breakfast and messed up my progress. I had my 2nd child a year ago and I think that is what kind of started all my symptoms and hypo to rear its ugly head. My doctor and I are working together to get the right level of medine (levo somehting). I have to keep doing blood work every month or so until I get to the right levels and then see how I feel. My last numbers were 7.39 for my TSH and the normal range was 0.35-5.50. I don't know if I should have him check anything else. I am trying to get myself educated about all of this so that I can be a smart patient and make sure I get the help I need. The other symptoms are bothersome but not as bad as the joint and bone pain that I am having.

Thanks!!! Wendy

Closed Thread