It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User
Newbie and haven't felt this bad in months!

Hello all - looks like a great board with wonderfully informative members. Can't wait to meet you all. But here is my problem in a shortcut.
Diagnosed HypoT in 94 while I felt fine with tons of energy. Was good for several years with a low dose of 112mg Levoxyl. Then after having 2nd child in 99, things went downhill - fast. My dose had been lowered based on TSH for a couple of years down to 72.5 mg Levoxyl. Have felt horrible for years, but TSH was normal everywhere I went.
Finally in May of this year, found a doctor who took the time to test everything not just TSH. Results were TSH 3.019, T4 .99, Peroxidase 119, T3 3.1. So he has bumped my doses back up slowly over the last 6 months to 125 Synthroid with 7.5 cytomel a day. Felt great at my regular 6 wk appt 2 weeks ago, so he didn't do bloodwork. Last one in Oct was TSH .231, T4 1.36, and T3 5.0 (changed from 10mg down to the 7.5 cytomel). Called my old endo last week to see what my results used to be - in Aug 2002 they were TSH 1.83, FT4 1.1, T3 182 (high), T4 13.7 (high). So now we know that this has been going on undiagnosed for 2 years since the endo never changed anything back then. Regular doc only checked TSH since then. I know - I should have been seeing someone else this whole time and now I really regret it.
But seriously felt great 2 weeks - the best I have felt in a very long time. Now this weekend everything just went downhill fast. I can barely get off the couch to do anything - I just don't have the energy. I had so many things that I wanted to get down, but I just couldn't. Also ended up taking a 2 hour nap Sat and a 1 hour nap Sun - haven't felt like that in at least 6 months. So what has happened? What have I been zapped? And my memory completely quit on me - I can turn around once and forget what I was doing. I feel SO disorganized and I think some serious OCD might be coming on - having to check things or re-do things several times cause I don't trust my memory anymore.
Oh yeah with that Oct bloodwork - my Ferritin level was at 6. So started taking some iron pills when I can remember them.
Anybody have any experience with going from feeling great to a slug within a week of each other?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #2

suchimom HB User
Re: Newbie and haven't felt this bad in months!

That is terrible that you are feeling bad, it is hard when you don't know what is happening. I can say that I feel much worse some weeks than others, and am still in the process of getting my meds fine tuned. I've charted how I feel on the calendar with my menstrual cycle, and it's clear that I'm much worse (more tired, etc.) at ovulation, around days 12-17, and feel great some days, usually right before my period. You might check that. Also, if your last blood work was in October, you probably should be checked again. Good luck.

Last edited by suchimom; 12-13-2004 at 09:22 AM.

Closed Thread