It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

Jack_n_phill HB User
Could synthroid be the cause?

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone taking synthroid has had any of the symptoms I'm experiencing.
I started taking synthroid after having RAI in August of 2004, and ever since I've been having symptoms of some chest discomfort (tightening, full feeling) and trouble breathing? I'm still having trouble with the water retention under my eyes and in my legs and still I'm still having problems with constipation. My last doctor visit my TSH was normal (around 4 I think). She keeps telling me that I should be feeling a lot better soon, but I don't.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #2

Eeyore22 HB User
Re: Could synthroid be the cause?

Hi and welcome!

I am on Synthroid for hypothyroidism and have been since May. I have not had the symptoms you mention however I did become winded prior to starting the Synthroid.

If your TSH is 4, it is not normal - the new guidelines call for less than 2.5. Your best bet for help on this board is to get a copy of your labs and the normal values which should be on the lab copy and post them along with your dosage of Synthroid. It is entirely possible that your levels are not where they need to be and the gang here is good at interpreting the results.

Unfortunately many physicians are not where they need to be when treating thyroid disorders and the best thing you can do is to do research and get as much information as you can.

Don't be discouraged - it will take a while before you feel the way you want to. Like I said, I started on Synthroid in May and I'm still not 100% - I feel better but I think I still have a way to go.

Hang in there and avail yourself of the expertise and support of this site.

(((HUGS)))
Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread