It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

BonBe HB User
Thumbs up Something WORKED!

Hello everyone.

As most (if not all of you guys) know I am battling a 'thing' which is over and above Thyroid stuff, but trying to gain a firm foothold on my life has proven to be rather hard at most times. Combined with the stress (and believe me it is very much so) of this disease on top of the pre existing hypothyroidism I am at times (not too often) a real basket case.

However, I am told, and believe that GOOD ATTITUDES rule us all, and to be a total positive person and not dwell on what cannot change.

In my case I have the 'beast' within me, and our 'in common' thyroid stuff. SO reading this board (and you guys are all terrific) to put up with me, and my wandering off track stuff, but reading stuff has proven to me to be valuable here. MEEP was responding to a member about ways and means to take our medicine, and one of his 'afterthought' mentions was about disolving it under the tongue to ensure proper absorption.

Well three days ago, I tried it. now those who really do know me, know I do not do well with 'changes' ahahha (stubborn me) but I am at my wits end with this lethargy, caused by other factors and of course the on going thyroid stuff. SO I said "Bonnie, what the heck go for it" Danny has never led me astray yet, nor has anyone else here.

So I did.

And in just three days, I can FEEL such changes in my energy levels that I could almost say I am soaring! I do not crash either at 1:30ish pm. every day, and last night (dare I say it) I managed to stay awake till 9:30 pm. and this morning, (I somehow slept till 6:00 a.m.) either our Chloe the wonder cat did not need to have me cater to her early morning whims, or I was truly asleep. DH got called out to a security alarm at his place of business, and I woke for that call, and semi stayed awake until he was home safe and sound.

SO Danny/Meep what you said 'off the cuff' to that member about disolving under the tongue sure did wonders for me (at least for these past couple of days....I shall continue to do it this way. I take my acid pills, and pain killers (to get my old self moving) as per usual, then disolve my synthroid under the tongue, and then have coffee when it has disolved.

YEAH it worked (thus far.)

Thanks guys for all your input, and help whether you know it or not. This TD board is very very great and full of love we can all feel. Having TD is a life long process, and when we are all into our 90's we will still all be here chatting and helping one another. You guys are truly well my hero's.

Bonnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User
Re: Something WORKED!

I am so happy you are feeling better!!!
This board and the people here are definately awesome

Nodi

Old 12-14-2004, 05:27 AM   #3

Renee' HB User

Bonnie, that is sooooooo great to hear!!! Isn't it wonderful when something actually WORKS!!! Meep is the greatest, lol. I wouldn't have known about the selenium, heck, I wouldn't have even known that I had Hashi's except for him, and the folks at this forum. This is one of the reasons that I'm posting on that thyroid/menopause thread. As I see doctors about this, and put more info on there, it may help others out too, who knows? Anyway, congratulations on seeing such a huge difference. BUT waaaaaaa, I missed that thread where Meep said to do that. Could ya post the link? Also, Meep, would it work with Armour? I have to cut mine in half because I crash in the afternoon, sigh.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #4
(female)

Lynn** HB User

Bonnie! I SOOOOOO AGREE! This is SUCH a positive and caring WONDERFUL BOARD..and we are INDEED to have Meep, and Midwest, and soooo many other knowledgable people "help" those of us finding our way!

I'm really thrilled that "something's working" for you!

I TOTALLY AGREE with you about "GOOD ATTITUDES" and being "POSITIVE" is half the battle! Destressing IS the key. I tend to not want to "vent" only because of it giving my "stress" the time of day it craves....but, then again, if to "vent" is to show that we are all in the same boat, then it's got a benefit too. MY goal, however, isn't JUST to "VENT" but to use that frustration and find my OPTIONS and NEW SOLUTIONS. Options and Solutions are what is going to keep us moving forward and feeling our best, and experimenting with these options and new solutions and being vocal about what we are trying, good or bad, IS valuable for us all.

Thanks for your postive post!

Old 12-14-2004, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User

I have got to find it, but I will hunt for it. I cannot even remember who he was answering, but it was recent (say in the last 3 weeks?) I will post it as soon as I can find it. I do however remember, it was a 'final word' in his reply to the person.

Bonnie who just finished wrapping up one load of presents, and still STILL is awake, and it is 10:00 a.m. been awake since 6 I feel so good, and I hope it lasts and if having the synthroid disolve like nitro tabs well so much the better for it will I be....

I do not know about armour. I find the synthroid tastes very sweet never having taste if before! LOL

Bonnie

Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 AM   #6
(female)

LovesTeaching HB User

I think this is the thread in question...

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=217337&highlight=dissol ve+tongue[/url]

Copy and paste everything between the [url][/url] tags into your browser window.

Hope that helps.

P.S. BonBe, glad to hear you're feeling better!

Last edited by LovesTeaching; 12-14-2004 at 07:27 AM.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #7
(female)

BonBe HB User

I found what I was looking for - very good thread and it is 8 pages long so read them all.... originally posted by curlyroller

titled

thyroid meds and breakfast -

Danny does indeed dissolve both meds. (armour and unithroid) and recommends not to brush our teeth after, due to the calcium in the toothpaste which would hinder absorption.

GEE this is great. Now to beat the evil beast that is within me, that would be a perfect thing to accomplish.... but for the right now, I am feeling for the first time since 1996 YES 1996 that I can plop one foot in front of the other without feeling like a poster child for Lethargic Camp LOL.

Bonnie

Old 12-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #8

Renee' HB User
Smile Re: Something WORKED!

Bonnie, I have tears in my eyes for you. Tears of real JOY!!!! You go girl!!!

Heehee, this thread (your med tastes good, lol) made me think to ask.......Hey Bon, would you like that synthroid medium rare or well done? LOLOLOL

Old 12-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #9
(female)

BonBe HB User

and to add further happiness to my already getting full plate...(oh can I stand any more joy?) hahah well I had an eye appointment today. She (doc) knows about the thyroid but I had to tell her of this other mess, and she had to do some indepth eye peering after the eye exam was over, in order to see if the melanoma has invaded the eye. the answer is NO there are no raised lumps, or pigment where ever it was she looked.

So that is yet another hurdle of my woes done, (at least for now) and along with making all my herd of oncologists happy that the eye dilation and peering into showed nothing out of the ordinary they will be happy.... yeah for life...

I am wondering if all this joy is partially due to the lowly disolving of the synthroid under the tongue. I will take the alertness, and energy over what I was feeling any old day.

Hope that someone else here tries it and if we both have the same results (feeling a tad better than slugging along) it will be a breakthrough and a sure cause to shout in joy. (ENERGY long may she reign)

Now if this next CT scan on the 21st shows the chest nodules unchanged or what ever they hope for all will be ***** dory in bonnie land for a while, but alas I won't know about that until January.

I know I know this is a thyroid board, but you guys are all so dear to me.

Love *(yep)
Bonnie

Old 12-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #10

Renee' HB User
Smile Re: Something WORKED!

(((((Bonnie))))) Soooooo glad to hear about your eyes. Bless your heart, your eyes checked out good, woohoo!!!!! Yes, lets hope for good things come January too!

I'm willing to try letting my Armour melt under my tongue IF Meep or someone can promise me that it won't eat away at my skin membranes or something, LOL. Yeah, I know I'm nuts, but seriously....I knew a girl in junior high school who used to suck on aspirins. I asked my doc about that and he said it would burn her mucus membranes or something like that. (Asking this hypo to remember anything longer than a minute ago is dangerous, sigh) So, if Meep or someone says it is safe, then I'm willing to try it. Actually, I'd LIKE the freedom of not having to worry so much about my pill/food schedule also.

Last edited by Renee'; 12-14-2004 at 11:51 AM.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #11

dogtired HB User

That's great news Bonnie.. it's always uplifting to hear a success story
in progress.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:39 AM   #12

Eeyore22 HB User

Bonnie - So glad to hear you're feeling better -
I tried the sublingual thing this morning - nothing yet, but hey, it's worth a shot!

Renee - The reason the doctor made the comment about aspirin is because aspirin is an acid - acetylsalicylic acid - I don't believe the thyroid meds are acidic at all - as Bonnie says - the Synthroid is sweet tasting.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this will help us!

Carol

Old 12-15-2004, 06:49 AM   #13
(female)

BonBe HB User

Hi Carol
this is my second time to post, so if something strange comes up know I am not a total confused bonnie!

I noticed a diff after the second morning. But I never before had food for at least 2 or more hours after taking the pill, but will admit to taking my usual pain meds (extra strength bufferin) and the acid reducer pill and the TD meds all at the same time, and will also admit to having coffee (with cream) so that obv was what was causing my meds alllllll these years not to have any much of an effect.....

Gee I wasted so many years drragging myself about.....having bursts of energy then paying full tilt for the bursts instead of just a continued line of energy. I guess I am confusing you guys but maybe not.

So remember give it a couple of days.... I am on day 3 now and feel great still, but last night (and I do not know if this is any part) I could not fall asleep so easily as I did before, but I had a wee nap yesterday afternoon after the eye appointment, as I could not see so may as well sleep (with the pupil dilation thing)

Stayed up till 9:30 (previously unheard of for me LOL)

And in Meeps post he did mention how he takes his armour and the other pill under the tongue (gee Carol, I did not know it has a name) sublingual (NEAT!) learn something new every day!

Bonnie

Old 12-15-2004, 09:31 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User

Bonnie, I am so glad that you are having these great energy bursts. And to think such a simple process is all it took! Wow, maybe I will try that. Only thing is that the generic synthroid is a different shape and bigger as well as the cytomel. The taste is icky too! But hey, if it means more energy, might be worth it! I could use it right now too! I had a bad reaction on the antibiotic, severe diarrhea for 4 days. They gave me a new one, but I am still having the residual effects. Ugh!
You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I know you will have a good next appointment!

Closed Thread