It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
(female)

robinhy HB User
some hope and advice

So...I'm one of those lucky ones who was diagnosed straight away with hypo/hashi (TSH 19)...in hindsight this was actually one of the worst day of my life. I have had nothing but one bad reation after another to thyroid meds. Even had to be rushed to the hospital. They took me off of meds for 4 days and than strainght back on...this time my reaction so sooo extreme that I up and left the hospital. I've finally stopped taking thyroid meds (I was actually begging my husband to kill me my reation was so bad). I've found a way to get a saliva adrenal test without a doc and I finally found a doc to give me hydro...so far so good. (I will add my Armour back in in a few days). I seem to be heading towards menopause as well (I'm 41 years old). I also have really bad water retention..I look 5 months pregnant. Oh yeah...I stopped breast feeding in 1999 but I'm still lactating (I will start Bromo something in a few days) MRI scan was OK.. I live in Germany but I'm American and I feel like I'm walking around alone and in the dark.

I've had many days of non-stop heart pains and palpitations..so stressed..so full of rage I'm pushing the envelope towards violence (which is VERY scary because I have a 5 years old daughter...rest assured, I've never hurt her)...etc. With my hydro these symptoms are gone (except for water retention and lactation)...so far...but I think I need to start my Armour again...maybe my symptoms will come back. Before all of this I had (in my opinion anyway) a very successful career...I've been forced, because of my health and rage...to give it all up.

I have no idea what I'm doing. What test results I should be judging. What tests I should be requesting etc... I've been through about 10 docs in 18 months, I've kind of become my own doc ( a really bad idea...I know ).

When and how will my water retention go away? What is the best range for TSH FT3, FT4? Is my menopause only temporary? How long should I take hydro for....life??? Has anybody else been in my shoes. I would love to hear some stories of hope and some good advice...even a friend who can relate in Germany.

Robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread