It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

nimbeth HB User
Question Dr. Blanchards's 2% Thyroid Solution

Hi,

Happy New Year to All!

I was wondering if anyone has been on 98% of T4 and 2% T3. I was reading about it and seems as the above named Dr. (Dr. Blanchard) says that his patients remarkably on the combination.

Has anyone had experience with this and/or knowledge this. Any info would be great.

I have Dr. appt tommorow and would like perhaps try this method. I am currently on 3/4 Armour. I am trying to figure out the break down of T4 to T3 in this dose.

Anyway thanks for any info.

Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #2
(female)

nimbeth HB User
Re: Dr. Blanchards's 2% Thyroid Solution

Bump

Just want to now if anyone has any ideas

Thanks
Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User

This is so individual, it is hard to comment. It would be so great if we could cookie cut the dosage! Conversion of T4 plays a big part, how much one needs straight T3, etc., etc. I don't recall what this doc's thought process is, but doubt it will be a one dose fits all!

your 3/4 grain of armour is ' about' 70% T4 and 30% T3.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I recently read Dr. B's book and found it fascinating. The one thing I couldn't figure out was how much that 2% equates to. (But then, I never have been a math whiz.) One thing that anyone who still has lingering symptoms will be able to take from his wisdom is that some T3 is vital to alleviate them. If I thought the T3 in my Armour was too much for me, I'd definitely consider this method... The other glitch, though, is finding a doctor who'd agree to help me do it. Changing medical minds... you know how tough that can be.

Don't think this will help, but for what it's worth... your 3/4 grain is equal to 28.5 mcgs T4 plus 6.75 mcgs T3, and the T3 is equal in potency to 4 times it's amount in T4.

Old 01-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
(female)

nimbeth HB User

Thanks so much. Its just that if their is way to feel even better, is will see what my doc. thinks about it. Its been a total of 3 months of being Armour, and I started out a small dose of 1/4 grain and worked myself up each month to 3/4 grain. Tommorow I get my blood test results (i will post them). I just dont to have to much T3 in me, although I have not had any side long lasting side effects from being on Armour. I read on the boards here that it takes 6-8 weeks for T4 to get abosorbed into your system.

I guess, I will wait till tommorow and see what blood tests reveal!

Thanks
Nimbeth

Closed Thread