It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Thyroid problems causing miscarriages?

I have recently suffered from my 2nd miscarriage and am goin thru extensive testing to see what caused it. I've had 4 test done that has to do with my thyroids which include: TSH; T3, Free; T4,Free; and thyroid AB Group. And I was wondering if any of the ladies on here have suffered from miscarriages and your thyroids were to blame? And if so was it cureable or even managable for you to go ahead with a healthy pregnancy? If so what were treatments that you had to do to carry a healthy baby and get thru with a healthy pregnancy? Thanks! Oh by the way my test are not back yet so I don't know the results!

Old 01-24-2005, 04:43 AM   #2

lyn1977 HB User
Re: Thyroid problems causing miscarriages?

I had a total thyroidectomy in October of 2003. I finally became pregnant this last July and miscarried in September. My levels are in normal range and my doctor swears my thyroid had nothing to do with it but I can't seem to stop thinking it did? I had a previous child in 1997 with no problems but that was before all of this. My doctor said you supplement is your thyroid and that on it, I am no different then anyone else. So, we will see. We have been trying ever since!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #3

gracesufficient HB User

beanie -
I am reading a few thyroid books right now... and in one of them (I believe the Thyroid Solution?) the author says that even a slight inbalance of hormones as a result of an issue with your thyroid can cause repeated miscarriage and infertility. (however, if your thyroid is balanced, the author said it was possible to carry a healthy pregnancy)
I had a miscarriage about a year ago, and had been dealing with infertility about 6 months before that, and I am willing to bet my thyroid is to blame. Unfortunately, I have like 3 seperate dr's, and they don't really communicate well. So I don't know if I will ever really KNOW if my thyroid had a hand in it, but I am seeing an endocrinologist in a few weeks who will hopefully help me sort through all this.
That's about all I know, and it isn't much! Hope it helps!
LM

Old 01-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #4
(female)

Lynn** HB User

Try looking into bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. It's more then likely related to Estrogen Dominace. Meaning, your not making enough progesterone in relation to estrogene.

Contact a compounding pharmacy in your area and they can better explain this. Once you have your WHOLE hormone levels balanced out..all sorts of good things result.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:55 AM   #5

dogtired HB User

I feel for you girls...I never was able to get pregnant.. now I'm divorced
and he's remarried with a bouncing baby boy...darnit these thyroid problems
can really wreck havoc on a marriage.

But don't give up you guys are still young!

Closed Thread