It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #1

SuzU HB User
Here are my results and symtoms-what do y'all think?

Hi everyone,
Somone over on the MS board suggested I post my thyroid results here and see what you kind folks think of them.
I have all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis but no postive brain MRI to back them up.
There is a lesion on my spine mri that doctors can't seem to agree on.
I've had all these symptoms in the past and they come and go, but the one symptom that I've had for years that doesn't compute is the palpitations. My EKG shows many pac's (premature atrial contractions,)which are generally not supposed to symptomatic, but I feel them most of the time, especially when I lie down to sleep. I have severely dry skin, poor circulation in my hands and feet, and I feel fatigued/tired all of the time (on top of the weakness, numbness, tingling of face, limbs, hands, incoordination ,swallowing difficulty, bladder sytmtoms, etc that would go with an MS dx.)
Here are my thyroid results-any input would be really appreciated.
TSH 1.111
T4 1.42
(I also had ana, esr, b12, all nml.)
Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: Here are my results and symtoms-what do y'all think?

Could you post the range for that T4, we need the range to comment on that test.

I really think you should get more testing on your thyroid, most of those symptoms can be associated with a thyroid disorder and there are many who have MS type symptoms and find they actually have a thyroid disorder. I myself have had MS type symptoms.

The other tests that you need in order to really get a good picture of what your thyroid is doing is.... FREE T3, FREE T4, Thyroid antibody testing TPO, Tg, TSI
You can have "normal" test results, but if youhave antibodies you will still have symptoms, so be sure to get those tested.

Keep us posted please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #3

SuzU HB User

Hi,
Thanks so much for responding.
The range for the t4 is 0.61-1.76.
I presume I'll need to find a D.O. to get these tests done-right?
I don't think my regular doctor will order any further thyroid studies since these results were supposedly normal.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

O.k. your T4 is actually looking really good, however, your problem may be your Free T3 or you may have antibodies. I think its well worth checking out farther and making sure there is nothing wrong then you will at least have eliminated thyroid as being a cause for your symtpoms or you may get your answer to your symptoms.

Be sure to specify the tests I mentioned because there are other T3 and T4 tests. If you cannot talk your dr into humoring you and doing the additional testing then you may have to go to another dr.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Closed Thread