It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

sebring HB User
Are these symptoms of thyroid problem????????

My ENT recently decided to test my thyroid because I'm having severe sinus infiections and now I have to have sinus surgery. I have had my thyroid test twice in the past three years and my results were supposed to be normal. However recently I have gained 20 pounds in a months time, forgetful ( I have to write notes to remeber small things), tired, chest pains ( in the middle of my chest when I sit up), and I can feel my heart skip beats. I have also had epsiodes of not being able to move while lying in bed. I could not move or speak for about 4 or 5 minutes. I have problems with foot pains as well. I looked at the checklist and I do have some of those symptoms. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? What should I do if my tests come back normal again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User
Re: Are these symptoms of thyroid problem????????

Before I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem I had terrible sinus infections all the time.

I would get a copy of your thyroid tests because "normal" doesn't always mean everything is alright.

Last edited by dlkk; 01-24-2005 at 10:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 07:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi sebring. I agree that you should get copies of your results. If you post them here, people can help you interpret them. From what I understand, in order to get a comprehensive view of your thyroid levels it is very important to have the Free T3, Free T4, and antibody testing done in addition to the other thyroid tests.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
(female)

sebring HB User

Anyone else have any similiar symptoms before being diagnosed?

Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

When Hypo (had TT in 1991) I have all of those symptoms and it really confuses the Endo because of the not being able to move and severe memory loss. Have you had your cholesterol tested lately? Mine is very high along with high platelets. My PCP put me on aspirin and up-ed my synthroid and the symptoms went away. Like everyone else said get copies of those and all other labs and KEEP THEM.

Old 01-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
(female)

CTmom HB User

Hi!

I was just recently diagnosed hypo and have had some similar symptoms. I just got back from the ENT with another prescription for antibiotics for yet another sinus infection (confirmed with x-rays). I have gained 30 pounds in the past year despite no change in my diet. I have had problems with palpitations (mostly PVCs but a couple episodes of a-fib.). My main problem was severe shortness of breath just walking across the room. I couldn't go up a flight of stairs without having to stop and rest. I also had an almost constant tightness in the center of my chest. After being diagnosed, my doctor increased my Synthroid and my symptoms have improved. I have stopped gaining weight (but haven't lost any yet) and am no longer short of breath or have chest pain. I still think my dosage needs to be increased a bit further but have to wait a bit longer for another test.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Closed Thread