It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

jeannie72 HB User
Under and overactive thyroid?

Dear all

I wonder if someone can help me. For years I have suffered with depression - even since childhood. I've had blood tests several times which come back as 'normal' (to try and determine if there are any medical reasons for the depression and tiredness). I read somewhere that it is possible to have both an underactive and an overactive thyroid problem at the same time? I have several symptoms of hypothyroidism but also some which fit into the other thyroid problem. The symptoms are: depression, hypersomnia, tiredness, frequent bowel movements, cold hands and feet, inability to gain weight (I eat loads of 'crap' and a zillion calories, do very little exercise and yet don't gain a single pound), poor wound healing and colds/flu take a long time to go away. Is it likely that I have a thyroid or adrenal problem which wouldn't show up on a blood test? I tried the Barnes Thyroid test for body temperature and my temperature was lower than normal under my one armpit but higher under the other armpit????? I am currently on antidepressants and lithium which just seem to make my feelings more 'numb' than ever. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Re: Under and overactive thyroid?

Your best bet is to get your blood test results and post them here along with lab ranges. There is no cookie cutter symptoms for thyroid problems. You can have some, all or 1. It's different for everyone.

April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread