It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

inbluedesign HB User
Unhappy Strange health problems..Possibly Thyroid related?

I have had some strange health issues lately.. for about 2 months I have had bad night sweats every single night to the point that my bedsheets are soaked, yet I am not hot.. not throwing off the covers to get cool. I have been sick about 4 times this winter.. just really bad colds over and over. I have noticed that my skin is so pale that I just look dead! No color. I feel like I have a fever.. chills all day today (accompanied by cold symtoms) yet when I took my temp with 2 different thermometers, it registers at 95.9! I have been very stressed lately, getting better now..but have been thru many emotionally stressful situations in the past 4 months or so. Does anyone know what could be wrong with me? I don't have health insurance and am afraid to have a huge bill run up with all kinds of tests. I have been researching and have found that Wilson's Syndroms looks to have a lot of the symptoms that I have.. HELP!

Old 01-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: Strange health problems..Possibly Thyroid related?

Sorry I can't answer your question about the symptoms. I do know what it's like to be without health insurance when you're so sick. If you live in the US, you can go to a county clinic or the health department. I didn't have a job at the time so I couldn't afford to even see the doctor. I went there and filled out some paperwork. I only had to pay a $7 co-pay every doctor visit. My blood tests were $15 and most of the time, I got free samples of the meds I needed. My son has asthma. His medication was almost $300/mo. The doctor at the clinic gave us free samples or coupons for free meds. They really helped me when I most needed it.
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User

How old are you? Menopause causes night sweats.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 AM   #4
(female)

inbluedesign HB User

Oh yes, I'm 30 years old.. and female. Not quite old enough for the menopause (let's hope).

Old 01-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #5

eleni61 HB User

I have had all the symptoms you described. I think they have to do with my adrenal function. When I am stressed out I get them. I also think the female hormones play a part. It can be quite uncomfortable!

Old 01-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #6
(female)

inbluedesign HB User

Thanks, I will look into that. I also failed to mention that a nurse about 6 months ago told me my thyroid felt enlarged and she told me I should get it checked.. which is why I have been looking into the thyroid possibility.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

That puts a whole new spin on things. Yes, DEFINITELY get your thyroid tested! If it is your thyroid, the longer you wait, the worse it will get and the longer it'll take to get better.
Barb

Closed Thread