It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

rainbowdawn HB User
yeast infection question

Hi, I have been having several yeast infections recently. I was wondering if this was something to do with my hypothyroidism. Anyone know, thanks!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: yeast infection question

I think it does, especially if the thyroid levels are not optimal. Also your blood sugar could be a bit off because of your thyroid and this too can add to the yeast problems. You may also want to get some saliva PH test strips and see if your PH is o.k. if you are too acidic yeast can be a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

I know penicillin type medicines cause that too if you are on any.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
(female)

mistya HB User

I have been having trouble with yeast also. I have not been diagnosed with a thyroid problem yet, but I am almost positive that is what it is. Where do I get strips to check my pH. What can I do about it if I am too acidic?? Thanks!

Old 02-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistya
I have been having trouble with yeast also. I have not been diagnosed with a thyroid problem yet, but I am almost positive that is what it is. Where do I get strips to check my pH. What can I do about it if I am too acidic?? Thanks!
You should be able to get PH strips at any health food type store and maybe even at a drug store. Be sure to check if they are for urine or saliva or both. I recommend saliva testing, its easier to test whenever.
Test your saliva the first thing in the morning, then you can also test throughout the day to see if your PH is where it needs to be.
7 is considered neutral, below is acidic, above is alkaline. You should have it near 7 in the morning.
There are many things you can do to bring up your PH. Greens are good for raising PH (collard, turnip etc) also Barley Green which can be gotten in powdered form and put into juice or I believe it can also be found in pill form. Also Coral Calcium is good.
Packaged foods, wheat, broccoli, red tomatoes, head lettuce, most fruit, most meats, sugar and many many other things are acidic and should be eaten only in smaller amounts.
Leaf lettuce, red potato, cashews, pecans, white cheese, white fish, plain yogurt, yellow apples, kiwi, bing cherries, all dark berries, tree ripened lemons, organic brown shortgrain rice, oat flour, duck, lamb, cornish hens, millet, most vegetables and much more are alkaline. I've only touched on a few foods, there are many that are alkaline, but also many that are acidic.
You don't have to quit eating the acid foods, but you would have to eat MORE of the alkaline foods. Its recommended that 20% of the diet be acid and 80% alkaline in order to keep a healthy balance. Disease and cancer can grow in an acidic body, I have heard that cancer cannot live in an alkaline body. And, I have to wonder if many of us with thyroid problems may also be acidic.

Last edited by dea4; 02-10-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
(female)

Mellybean HB User

I know acidophilus is good for preventing yeast infection and helping with digestion. It's the stuff that comes in yogurt that makes it so good for you! Apparently it comes in pill form! I had been taking it by the spoonful, it came in a little jar i kept in the fridge.

Closed Thread