It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 PM   #1

Its Megan HB User
My Appointment is moved up...and Im kinda nervous!

The receptionist called today to inform me that they had some cancellations so my February 3rd appointment could be rescheduled for tomorrow!! I know awesome right? But Im actually nervous..I havent met the endo yet but I heard hes great...and Im nervous he'll want to biopsy. You dont think hell jump right into it and be like lets do it today do you? Nah, Im sure they make u do some tests first before the biopsy huh? Im just being paranoid!! Its the biopsy that scares me at this point! Thanks all just talking I guess...

Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: My Appointment is moved up...and Im kinda nervous!

It's great that your appointment was moved up! I'm not sure what your current condition is that you are being treated for. I do know that I was diagnosed w/ Graves disease and a large goiter. I had two nodules - one rather large. My first appointment they drew my levels and felt my neck. At my second appointment they did a biopsy (FNA or Fine Needle Aspiration). I was TOTALLY freaked out because I was so uneducated at the time I didn't know that was part of the game plan!! I wanted my mom to the point I almost cried. He told me I could come back another day for it, but I decided to just go for it. It wasn't NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be. They use a VERY, VERY fine needle to draw cells out of your thyroid. I think they took 4 samples of mine. It was totally fine and nothing at all to have been worried about

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
(male)

theman2000 HB User

I hope your appt gets moved to tomorrow. Waiting is the worst part, so the quicker you get it over with the quicker you will get rid of the emotional stress.

When this whole thing started with me I thought I was going to die or something. Had no appetite at all and lost a few pounds.

Once I got educated on the realities and misconceptions of thyroid nodules and the worse case scenarios, I felt much better about the whole thing.

Dont worry,
Dave

Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #4

Its Megan HB User

Thank you for your responses! Im about to go to my appointment right now...have to drive out of town for it. So you'll probably be hearing from me when I get home!! lol

<3 Megan

Old 01-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Oh yea been there!!!!! I was mortified waiting for my appointments you only have to look back through my early posts! Can totally understand each time ld been to my appointment l realised ld fretted and worked myself sick for nothing lol good luck!!! x

Closed Thread