It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: Meep, midwest need your opinions on friends test

I don't have nearly as much experience as the folks you mentioned in your post, but I would like to give you a little input.

I had RAI done in November of 2002 and I'm still having problems getting things adjusted. This has been the most difficult experience of my life. I went hypo QUICKLY and my Levoxyl was upped from 100 to 125 to 150 to 175 to 200. At this point my TSH is low (out of range), my Free T3 is low (out of range) and my Free T4 is in the middle. I thought I had a handle on how the thyroid works, but my lastest labs threw me for a loop. I am beginning to speculate that people that have RAI are at a further disadvantage because the RAI contines to kill our thyroid while the antibodies that caused the imbalance in the first place are still present. Of course I've not found a doctor that has any explanation for any of this. I do not want to discredit hasimotos patients, but I think people that have RAI done are almost at a further disadvantage because we still have the antibodies PLUS the lingering effects of RAI.

It looks like your friend is ok everywhere but it would be great to see where her Free T3 is at - that would give an even better picture of her thyroids health. Also, how does she feel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread