It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 09:22 AM   #1
(male)

trendyesq HB User
Tired all the time- Don't know why!!

Hi, I have been complaining of fatigue since I was a teenager and now I am 27(male) and I still have not figured out why. My main symptoms are that I feel tired all the time and low on energy. Also my hands are always cold and everyone that shakes them notices it. Other than that, I am the proper weight and in excellent health. The only weird thing is that I feel better between the hours of 7 p.m. to midnight. During those hours I have more energy and I could concentrate much better. My mood is also more positive and I feel like being more active.

My last blood tests revealed:

TSH 2.86 Reference range 0.40-5.50

T4, Total 9.7 Reference range 4.5-12.0

Do these numbers look ok? Should I also check for free levels of T3 and T4? Is it possible that my hormone levels are low during the daytime?

I have done a glucose tolerance test and an overnight sleep study and they could not find anything. Please post your comments.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: Tired all the time- Don't know why!!

I think I would test the FREE levels and also check for thyroid antibodies.
Your total T4 is not that bad but not the most revealing either. The TSH is a bit on the high side, most people with no thyroid problems have a TSH closer to or even below 1
The new AACE guidelines for TSH is .3-2.5 so you are already above this. You may have antibodies which can cause symptoms with "normal" levels for many years, so be sure to have that checked, TPO and Tg antibody testing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread