It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
(male)

theman2000 HB User
Getting surgery tomorrow

Well I go to get this nodule removed tomorrow. We will see if they take half or the whole thyroid.

Probably won't be doing a lot of talking so I am sure I will be posting.

Dave

Old 02-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: Getting surgery tomorrow

Good luck with the surgery Dave! Wishing you a not too painful but speedy recovery.
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 AM   #3

Colomolo HB User

hey goodluck, you will no longer have to be worrying about your 'noodle'

l

Old 02-03-2005, 05:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

Hey! Good luck, trust me, you'll be fine!!! Looking forward to what you have to say when you get back.

April

Old 02-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #5

Its Megan HB User

Good Luck with your surgery! Look forward to seeing you back on here soon!

Old 02-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Good Luck, and try not to worry. I just looked at a post op report the Dr. made 1 week after my surgery a TT. thought I would share it with you:
Pt had thyroid surgery by Dr. -------This was a neoplastic lesion and she underwent total thyroidectomy. She is amazed at how good she is actually feeling. She has not really had any significant pain or tenderness in the neck........I did feel good I was so glad to get that nodule out of neck, hope you feel as well as I did.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #7

Stessy HB User

I had complete thyroidectomy two weeks ago. My friends keep telling me I had an amazingly easy recovery. My throat was really sore inside from the tube and I had a NASTY headache (from the anesthesia?). However, I had a piece of cake an hour after I got to my room from recovery. I went back to work after a week. I only took so long (as opposed to four or five days) because my surgeon didn't want me twisting my neck as much as safe driving entails. I'm seeing my surgeon today for my two week checkup.

Closed Thread