It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Post surgery blood results..inconclusive???

My Endo FINALLY called me back. He said my results are inconclusive. Even though when I was getting my blood taken he said the results should give a good indication of where I am at. He said, "I don't think your pituitary has caught up with everything yet, b/c you are still slightly hyper." I am on 100mcg of levoxyl. I have headaches almost every day, they aren't terrible just annoying dull ones. Other than that, some days I am sleepy. But I feel a lot better than I did. He suspects I will probably need a dose increase in the future, I go back for more blood tests in March, then see him shortly after.

What do you guys think?? Is my pituitary just not caught up yet? Have you heard of that? I don't see what there is to catch up to. Maybe a week to get my system restarted but 4 weeks?

I am trying this endo for a good amount of time. Don't want to rush into firings yet. He is nice, but kinda foo foo about my concerns or questions. Like he doesn't want to take the time to get into it all with me and I shouldn't know all this "info" anyway.

April

Old 02-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: Post surgery blood results..inconclusive???

That sounds like doctor-ese for "I have no clue what's going on."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 07:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

lol yeah, sure does. The thing is, it's ok he doesnt know whats up, but I would feel better if he just said "I am not sure, but I am going to try and do some research". At least it would feel like he is trying, instead of not knowing and just send me on my way.

April

Old 02-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
(female)

BonBe HB User

Hi I do not know if this helps but when ever (twice now) I have been put on 100mgs of medication I have had headaches like yourself, bothersome and get boring after a while. They decreased my dose and in a couple of weeks the headaches stopped. Years go by, then another dose increase to 100 and the same thing..... back down to 75 and no more headaches from that.

Bonnie

Old 02-03-2005, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

I asked my endo about the headaches he said shouldn't be b/c of this..blah blah.

I feel like a dose decrease would make me feel bad. I can't say I feel good right now. I don't feel hyper. If anything hypo. Sluggish, tired...cold. He said it's just my body adjusting from being hyper.

I am curious why my pituitary function has to catch up?

Closed Thread