It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #1

Its Megan HB User
Biopsy tomorrow...

I keep posting on here about it I know...I guess just because I can't keep whining to everyone else...so I have to whine to someone. I dont want to do it Im so scared. I know that I have to and I want to know the results..I just dont want to have the biopsy. Im completely creeped out at just the thought of a needle going into my neck. Scared to the point of tears. Im going to try to be tough though. Im sure you'll hear from me tomorrow when I get home..

Megan

Old 02-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
(male)

theman2000 HB User
Re: Biopsy tomorrow...

Can they give you a seditive like Versed or something? Its what they give before surgery. You don't really care or remember whats going on. Of course someone would have to drive you home if you got sedation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #3

Its Megan HB User

No probably not. They said its no big deal people usually take a tylenol and theyre fine. The lady said "sweetie its really no big deal, I know it doesn't seem like it...but its not".

Old 02-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #4

Colomolo HB User

I know its kind of scary Megan and Im sure many people have been there. I had a procedure done a few months back and was scared and came out of it and thought "Oh is that it". You will be saying the same thing tomorrow, it will be over and done with and you will here tomorrow and tell us all about it.

I have to have one soon so you can tell me its nothing to worry about when my time comes

Old 02-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

Megan The waiting is really worse than the actual biopsy. I promise. I have had 2, 18 months apart and this last one I was really on pins and needles because I kinda remembered what it was like.
When they numb it 1st it is tolerable. Also I always ask them to tell me what they are doing as they are doing it , step by step , it makes it go by faster and helps you to know how much longer you have left. I hope that it helps you.
Bonnie

Old 02-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

On a positive note, think about how good you are going to feel knowing its not cancer and the problem is not as bad as you may think. It will be so much easier to move on with your life after this. Think of it as the first part of the healing process.....just like giving blood for the first time...I freaked at the blood place and now, 50 or 60 draws later, I don't mind it at all. The biopsy is supposedley even less painless than that fat needle they stick you with to draw blood. Its a tiny tennie needle and you will hardly feel it.

Old 02-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #7

Its Megan HB User

Thank you all, seriously, it really helps. I know I keep posting the same thing that Im scared...but sometimes it helps to continually be told it is okay. Im glad I have people on here who care about me and will talk me through the tough times. Thank you and god bless.

Megan

Old 02-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #8

Its Megan HB User

Oh yeah... and I have one more question! With the biopsy....dont the results also tell you if you have hashimotos for sure as well as if its cancer or not??

Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Ellyn HB User

Hi Megan
After reading your post I just had to reply
I too was so scared. All I felt was a pinch from where they numbed my neck and just some light pressure when they actually went in with the needle. They talked to me the whole time and told me what they were doing. Before I knew it I was done and out the door. My neck was a little sore later but I ate dinner that eve. Hope this helps

Old 02-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

The biopsy will tell you a lot. Here is a good site to see pictures of microscopic images of thyroid cells. You can flip through the images. The biopsy will show all this to a knowledgable doctor and they can for sure, diagnose exactly what is going on:

[url]http://www-medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/ENDOHTML/ENDO081.html[/url]

Old 02-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

NOTE TO ABOVE....If you are a little squimish, you may not want to see those clinical thyroid pictures above. For me, all the knowledge I can get my hands on helps.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #12
(female)

southwest1975 HB User

HI again Megan....I agree with Bonnie the waiting for the results is much worse I finally get mine back tomorrow I had the biopsy last Tuesday. You'll do just fine let me know how it went and i'll let you know my results tomorrow afternoon. Just close your eyes and think happy thoughts!!!

Old 02-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

Megan Honey How are you doing? did your FNB go Ok? I hope that you are doing Ok/
Please let us know.
Bonnie

Closed Thread