It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

Mellybean HB User
It came!

Hey, great news... well for me anyway... I got my period for the first time in 4 months! I went to the gyno about 3 weeks ago because i hadn't gotten it for several months, he diagnosed me as having pcos, but also took blood. My tsh came back high (8.13) as did my glucose. My FT3 and FT4 which i had done after i was put on meds were in normal range though in the lower 1/3. I was put on .05 mg synthroid, although i don't feel that much better I have noticed that I am sometimes less tired then usual, friday for instance I woke up and was able to do my hair and put on makeup before going to class! I'm taking this as my body finally starting to get itself back in whack. Though I may still need a dose increase, it let's me know that something is happening! Although my hair is still falling out as fast as ever....

Old 02-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: It came!

Congratulations...now maybe you'll get back into a regular cycle.....it will probably be a heavy one so hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
(female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User

Mellybean - The hair falling out will stop. I PROMISE. You sound so much like me when I was your age. I too went through a few months of not getting my period and the doc gave me pills to make me get it. In high school I got it for a month. (OMG!) It was aweful. Now I get it for two days and my cramps have gotten better since being on synthroid.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. Remember, it takes awhile for these meds to kick in.

Stacia

Old 02-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
(female)

Mellybean HB User

Thanks, the doc wouldn't give me the pills... said i just had to wait it out... would have rather taken the pills but i guess at least i know my body did it on its own accord. I'm not worried about the hair loss that much it's just a nuisance. I'd rather the fatigue go away, which it is starting to, well at least now some days are good days rather than all bad days. Also the cramps in my legs have lessoned. So i'm happy, thanks to all of you for your support though it has helped me out a lot. I'll keep everyone posted, especially when i see the endo in March.

Closed Thread