It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
(female)

nimbeth HB User
Question Is it possible to worse during treatment?

HI,

I am currently on 1 grain armour for about 6 wks. Started 1/4 grain armour in Oct. 04, and gradually increaed monthly to my current dose. About 3 weeks ago, I felt great, temp. was up slept good, good energy, but these last 3 weeks its seems to have gone downhill, body temp is low again, as well as pulse, hair still falling out.

My question is, is it still possible to feel even worse than when I started the Amour to begin with? Sometimes I wonder why did I bother started the meds. I feel like I am going backwards, I am just feeling so lously now. My energy when I excercise leaves me tired after I finish my routine at the gym.

I have Doc. Appt tommorow, I am sure I need an increase, I also, have a 2nd opinion with another endo. who I got his name of a top doc list, I want to see what he says, maybe he thinks that the 98/2 percent solution will help.

I am just very frustrated of feeling like crap....!!!! Thanks for listening!

Thanks
Beth

Old 02-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Re: Is it possible to worse during treatment?

Hy Beth!

Its okay to come here to vent. We have all done it at one time or another. Iv'e been one of the worst.

Yes...its is common to get a place where you feel good, only to have it shoot from under you. Physiologically, its really just adjustment. Your cells get happy...but need the same jolt again so its more ongoing to keep them perky.

I'd love to see the labs when you get them!

~S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
(female)

nimbeth HB User

Thanks - Softcrush

One more thing- from your expertise... It seems since I started treatment I have gained a few pounds, I dont now if its more water,and/or fat that my body is holding onto. Could taking the Armour supress my lab numbers, to make me feel worse than when I started. (does this make sense!)

Thanks
Beth

Old 02-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Beth,
I really hate to say it, but this kind of roller coaster ride is extremely common until the ultimate, optimal dose is reached. I started medication in earnest in Oct of '03 (had a false start on Synthroid before that). Each dose increase brought a short period of improvement, then a crash. This went on for a full nine months before I felt what can be described as just OK. It was a full year before I felt pretty good. I hate to tell you these things, because I don't want to dash your hopes. But I can also tell you it won't last forever... It will be better, but you need patience.
For most people, feeling steadily better without any crashes at all is the exception, not the rule.

Be brave. You will eventually feel your former, good self!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #5
(female)

nimbeth HB User

Thanks for the words of hope! I just never imagined that I would feel worse at times than when I started with meds at all. I guess it means that my body really does need this Armour, or I guess by now I would be hyper.

Thanks
Beth

Old 02-07-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Beth:

The wieght gain thing is likely caused because you don't have enough hormone yet. Once you hit the "sweet spot" your body will get cruising along, and the weight will melt away without effort.

Hey..I'm ten months into this and I'm still kinda puffy too. Don't get too hooked into the labs...particularly the TSH. Once you are on hormone replacement that number becomes moot.

Chart your symptoms with dose changes in a Day calender. You'll see thing change over time and it will help keep you motivated.

Hang in there!

~S

Closed Thread