It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 05:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
chest pain pre totm!!

Does anyone else experience chest pain esp the lead up to totm? Im noticing this more this month because my period is late (not preg) and because the usual niggles l get stabbing pain in any part of the ribs area front and back lm getting the odd pain centre of my chest only lasts a few seconds but l aint happy about it! scary. Im very 'painy' this month muscle aches etc in back neck and legs.Also my left eyelid has been twitching like mad for weeks! Graves block and replace patient am l alone with this?cheers x

Last edited by niecsey; 02-07-2005 at 05:59 AM. Reason: dur

Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Re: chest pain pre totm!!

I had chest pains with Graves. I noticed I would get it when I was stressed, but not always. I dont know about in relation to mestrual cycle b/c mine was so irregular.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

effected_orchid HB User

Well don't know if this helps any cause i don't know what I am but.....I was 2 weeks late not pregnant and lots of chest pain and pressure. I go get my results today so i can let you know where i am at but at last look I was hypo hashi.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #4

Teach2003 HB User

Hello everyone..
It is so comforting to read this because I thought I was alone. I know my period is on its when my first sign of PMS appears...bad chest pain! I've been to the ER around 4 times in the last 2 years with this pain because I thought I was having a heart attack. I've seen several doctors and cardiologists and all have blamed it on stress; however, I have 90% of the Hypo symptoms, and haven't been diagnosed yet. Anyhow, I started to moniter my chest pains and my period. Coincidence..my chests pains generally appeared a week or 2 before my period. Once my period would arrive, the pain would go away. One of my many internal medicine doctors said there is a connection between the uterine lining and the muscles around your heart area. He asked if I had been checked for Endometriosis...and I said no. Found that interesting. Do you get chest pains on a regular basis? Have you tried monitoring your pains? I've had horrible chest pain for the last 4 days, and guess what..got my period today! However, still feel lousy!

Old 02-08-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you so much for replying your all wonderful thanks for sharing. Ive noticed the chest discomfort more so probally on and off for at least the last year or so and mine comes with the horrendous pmt actually when l first approached doc years ago about 7 l went with these symptoms (pmt) noone thought about checking my thyroid back then l was having panic attacks too! Im a week late now and that is not me last month l had a period then 10 days later had another period and that again is def not me lm like clockwork although l only have them 2/3 days now so lve counted from date of last one which makes me a week late .. def not pregnant lol lve had the tender boobs approx 2weeks ago (l notice l get more breast tenderness now too) bloated and headaches and ratty and the tight chest and more worrying the pain right in the middle of my chest it dont happen often but its more than enough to experience it at all lm so glad you guys replied it really helps to talk to others going through the same im also getting joint pain bad in my knee and ankles mainly this was dxn years ago as inflammation but l know now it can all be thyroid related!!! endometriosis? well they say the thyroid governs all the processes of the body and ovaries etc l dont think l have it? arnt you supposed to be in agony every month if you have that? l do occasionally get horrible cramp but l wouldnt say l suffer bad who knows this thyroid thing is a bloody big mystery still you can never learn enough about it lol thanks again for replying love to hear back from you all xxxx

Old 02-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #6

Teach2003 HB User

Speaking of menstrual cycle and chest pain...what did I tell you...had intense chest pain for the last 4 days..worse I ever had, and today, got my period full on....and guess what...chest pains are gone! Happens very frequently. I've accepted it as part of my PMS. Only problem is I PMS for 2 weeks before I get it. And I'm talking about massive mood swings, boobs hurting, headcahes, exhausted, etc. etc. The only thing is...lately I feel like I'm PMSing even if I'm not supposed to be with dizziness, exhaustion, fatigue, migraines, cold all the time, heart palps, mood swings, anxiety, etc. I feel like I'm falling to pieces. Sooooo you are not alone. As stated before, period has arrived and chest pains are gone. Today only feel very very very tired, having heart palps all day, and pain in my throat. Feels like something is swollen in the area where my thyroid is located. I'm so desperate to see a doctor! My appointment isn't until 3/3/05. Hope you feel better.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Teach u sound so like me the 2 weeks before the symptoms etc still no period and my sis has just given me a double dose of family stress now i am having a bad day be back later x

Old 02-12-2005, 02:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi all finally got my period last night! Feel so rough the night before l had a panic attack!!!!! l was shaking like mad!!! l think my levels must be off again but dont you feel like a pain going to ask for bloods done before your next appointment? Im due to have bloods done again mid March lm going to try to hold on my neck feels achy too and swollen palpatations etc infact l dont think theres any part of my without a complaint right now lol lm really glad you all had the heart to reply it eased my mind cheers again girls xxx

Closed Thread