It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User
symptoms question

Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone else feels a pressure type thing in their forehead that is kind of pushing down their eyes. Sorry, I know that is a weird description.lol.
It is not exactly a head ache but some kind of pressure feeling.
Anyone else have this?

Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

smileyk HB User
Re: symptoms question

I have pressure BEHIND my eyes...is that what you mean? Are you hypo or hyper...I have Graves (newly diagnosed) and I'm hoping the pressure behind my eyes is not the early symptoms of the eye disease associated with Graves....(does anyone know that?) Do you have headaches with the pressure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User

No, I dont have Graves (even though I feel hyper sometimes).
I also have it behind my eyes. It is a mix a forehead pressure and behind the eyes.
I usually dont have headaches just the pressure thing I cant describe. Lately, I have been getting headaches more frequently though. So, I really dont know what is going on.
I wish I could help you out with Graves eye info, I know nothing about it.
There are few hyper people here and I am sure they will answer your question.
Anne

Old 02-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
(female)

smileyk HB User

Oh that's ok I've had solid headaches for about a month and a half now (every morning when I wake up). Actually-today was the least pain from headache I've had in a while. My doc. prescribed Fioricet for the headache...works well.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

juner50 HB User

I'm hypo/Hashi's, and had the orbital decompression surgery to relieve the pressure. It helped quite a bit but it is returning somewhat. My surgeon said that Hashi's and Graves are somewhat one and the same disease (huh?) I know, that's what I said! I've never really had any hyper symptoms, just hypo but I do have Graves eye dis. in one eye. I may need another surgery if the bulging doesn't go down on its own. Hope that helps some.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

Oh yes I have that pain, but I have myofascial pain that causes severe muscle tension. It feels like someone is tightening a band across my forehead. And it is a form of tension headache. Very uncomfortable.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Wink Re: symptoms question

Yes, I'm Hashi, and do have that pressure off and on, and have had it for a few years. Don't stop to think about why I have it, as I don't ever have any sinus trouble, or anything like that. It's nice to know I don't have these weird symptoms alone.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
(female)

kkkittykat HB User

It's called a "Sinus Headache", had them for years

Old 02-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #9
(male)

mbpothole HB User

I found out I was hyperthyroid due to Graves' in 1997. I was treated with Tapazole, which led to remission. The remission lasted until 2001. I have been back on Tapazole ever since.

About a year ago I started getting periodic "headache-like" pain near my left eye, in the vicinity of my temple. Sometime the pain will last for a few weeks; some time it will last for a few days. The vein on the side of my head throbs when I have these episodes, and you can visually see it pulsating. Thankfully, the pain eventually goes away (but it always comes back in a few days or weeks).

Old 02-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #10
(female)

scriv HB User

I am having eye probs at the moment and my thyroid lab results are showing that I am having too much T4...

I sense pressure behind the left eye, a pulsating aching pain, sometimes stabbing, sometimes like neuralgia...sometimes it makes me cry out. I feel as if something is in the eye, but I have had a recent test and they found nothing.

I am shortly having my thyroxine dose reduced. It will be interesting to see if the pain goes away.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Both hypo and hyper people seem to get this, let us know if your dose reduction works.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #12
(female)

jgruhn HB User

I have been having problems with my eye and never thought about that it could have been related to my thyroid. What I am feeling is very weird and hard to describe. The only way I can describe it is that it reminds me of the tingly feeling you get when something is wet and then gets blown on. Does that make any sense? Has anyone else had there eye feel like this? It has been feeling this way since Sat. I have been getting alot of headaches too - Havent had migraines in a long time but now I seem to be living on Excederine. I wasnt sure if I should go to an eye doc or a regular doc.

Old 02-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

From experience I would go to eye Doc. I don't think regular Doc has the right equipment, the eye doc needs to send a report back to reg doc though. Are You hypo?

Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #14
(female)

jgruhn HB User

Yep - I am on 25 right now. Sure felt better when I was on 50 but the doc dropped me lower last year.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
(female)

luvthenet HB User

Hi. I'm not diagnosed as hypo yet, although I feel as though I am. However, I've had a weird eye problem for the last year and a half. I've been to the opthomologist about it, and it measured my eyes and told me get a thyroid test. This is how I describe the problem: I get an ache/pressure behind my eyes (mostly the right one, which is slightly bulging). With this ache/pressure, I get an overwhelming sensation to look up and push my eye muscles. Hard to describe and yes, I know it sounds weird. I also suffer from extreme dry eyes and I have mild ethmoid sinus disease on the left side. Opthomologist said it's not related to my sinus'. Anyway, over a year later and I'm going to a new Opthomology clinic to see an "Oculoplastic Surgeon". Apparently, he specialized in thyroid eye disorders and eyelid issues. I though I had a sty in my right eye two months ago, but I guess not - there are still three bumps that remain under my lid. Also, he is going to measure my eyes to make sure my right eye has not bulged anymore. My goal is for him to give me some drops to reduce the swelling that must be pushing on my eye. Hope it's been helpful to know that you are not alone. My advise is to call around and find an Opthomogist that specializes in thyroid eye concerns - what's the worst that could happen?

Closed Thread