It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #1

ohiobuckeye HB User
Smile how long will it take now that I am on Armour

I just switched from Levoyxl 137 mcgs to Armour 2 grains. How long will it take before I start to feel better? I feel pretty good in the morning and then I get really tired in the afternoon. I started on the Armour on 2/5/05 and today's date is 2/9/05. The weight just seems to be creeping up too (over the last 6 months) I am hoping that the change to Armour might help with that, but how long does it take to see any change? Can you tell that I am impatient?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: how long will it take now that I am on Armour

It would take a fortune teller to say. Everyone's different.
For someone who had taken no med at all before, we might tentatively say that a difference might be felt within a couple of months. For someone like you, who is switching to one with T3, you may notice a change within a couple of weeks. It's just too tough to call.

Did you decide to take the entire 2 grains, or have you double-checked with your doctor? Just curious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #3

ohiobuckeye HB User

I have decided to stick with the entire 2 grains for now as he said that he might "bump me up to 150mcgs of Levoxyl 5 weeks ago. I am watching myself very closely for any signs of hyper. My pulse this morning was 64 and I don't have any appetite in the morning now. I take the Armour in the morning and I don't eat breakfast because I have absoluelty no appetite at all and I have alwys eaten breakfast my entire life!

Old 02-12-2005, 08:35 AM   #4

KBT's mom HB User

ohiobuckeye- you might want to consider spliting your pill and taking half in the morning and the other half about eight hours later. This should help you from getting so tired in the afternoon.
Good Luck!

Closed Thread