It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

teko2000 HB User
Red face Question regarding my tsh

Hi,
First i just want to tell you my experience and i hope you can give me your opinions. I was misdiagnosed for two years with hyperthyroidism. I never got skinny I actually gained weight being hyperthyroid. It was horrid. Finally the doctors diagnosed me when they check my thyroid antibodies and they where off the charts. My tsh was .10 by the time they realized it maybe hyperthyroidism. I had a huge goiter and felt horriable. Anxiety and mental angish was mainly my symptoms. It went into full blown graves after tramatic events took place. A year and a half ago I had my thyroid nuked

I had RAI done and never went too hypo. Ever since Ive not been myself. I get really fatigued easy and feel anxiety still. I have had symptoms of feeling hyper, anxiety, not really being able to sleep a full night threw, but getting so tired in the day i have to take naps. I also felt depressed. I know I usually feel good when my tsh is below 2.0 I went in because I wasnt feeling well and the docs said my tsh was 3.97! Yikes for me thats hypo! I noticed i am retaining water weight too. I am waiting to hear if they are going to raise my synthroid from 125 to maybe 137 or 150.

Should I feel better if they do? Its caused me so much fatigue i cant work at .moment and get panic attacks. How crazy is that? Panic attacks being on the road to hypo? I just want to feel better and be able to live life and not feel so darn drained. Its to the point where I think its effecting me mentally because I get tired and then i dont want to go out and do things for the fear of feeling weird or getting so tired I have to leave. Is this normal? I am also on zoloft. Could my numbers of changed because I forgot to take my synthroid a day, then three days later I forgot again, so about twice I forgot.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Teko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User
Re: Question regarding my tsh

Anxiety and panick attacks are also symptoms of hypo. At least for me they are. I went to the doc originally because I started having anxiety attacks out of the blue. They put me on Zoloft. A couple weeks into the anxiety I went back to the doc because I was having extreme chest pain (this was at the ER), they checked my TSH and it was 393. I know, unheard of. No one has ever heard of a TSH this high before. I went hyper for awhile cuz the doc over medicated me. The first doc I went to put me on 200mcg of synthroid. I'm a small person. WAY TOO MUCH!!! I then went to an endo.

I have read that Zoloft can negatively affect how the synthroid works. I am now weaning off of it. Can't wait to be done.

Word to the wise: DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR PILL!!! You can take everything else from me by not my synthroid! It sounds have if you should have it increased some but I wouldn't go to drastic. Increase a little, wait a couple of months and get checked again. If no change then increase a little again and so on. You know how miserable it is to be hyper, you don't want to go back there.

Good luck to you. You will start to feel better soon once the meds are at a correct dosage for you.

Stacia

Closed Thread