It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #1

Mom*N*Me HB User
Who takes Armour Thyroid?

Have you been happy with it? Is it "safe" being from pig and all? I have read that many feel the best on it, but I am worried about it being from an animal? Thank you!

Old 02-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Re: Who takes Armour Thyroid?

Well, there are lots of animals that people eat. Right? Actually in all fairness, the porcine extract has a lot of stuff in it that your cells need --stuff that the chemically manufactured fake drugs can't. Afterall your cells don't care where the hormones come from...all they know is they need them to be happy. Every cell in your body needs thryoid hormone.

I've done 11 months worth of checking into the topic myself over the same concerns and found that physiologically pure t4 can help some people in certain circumstances...but overall the Armour was the clear winner for most people. Now, its becoming popular, for people to mix the two for a protocal rather than opting for one or the other.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Pig thyroid comes from the same animals that end up on the nation's dinner tables. It doesn't concern me in the least.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Mom*N*Me. After being on Synthroid alone for a few months, my new doctor lowered the Synthroid dose and added Armour. It has only been a few days. He believes in this combo and says that I will get better. I hope it helps you!

Old 02-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #5

ohiobuckeye HB User

I just started taking Armour on 2/5/05. I kind of worried about it too but we have to remember, it is one of the oldest preparations for thyroid replacement there is. I like the fact that it replaces the T3 and T4. Let's keep informed about how it works!

Old 02-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #6

Mom*N*Me HB User

Thank you!!

Closed Thread