It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

theman2000 HB User
Final path results

Well, the last test results are in. The nodule that was taken out was a benign follicular adenoma. Even thought they said it was very benign at the hospital after surgery, I still had to wait on the final results after they sliced and diced the nodule to be totally relieved. Oh yeah, they took some lymphs to test as well and they were ok.

I might even sleep good tonight.

Last edited by theman2000; 02-10-2005 at 04:43 PM.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #2

Colomolo HB User
Re: Final path results

Thats good to hear. So what happens now with you? Do you have follow ups?

Im sitting here still worried, I just have a bad feeling about mine I really do. I keep thinking its spread and thats why I have all these stomach problems.

Im so pleased everything turned out ok for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
(male)

theman2000 HB User

I have a follow up on Tuesday. I still have this sterastrip across the incesion. I was sure mine was going to be bad to. I am male(red flag), single nodule(red flag), solid nodule(red flag) and it was hard as a rock(red flag). With all of those symptoms it still came out benign.

The funny thing is, I was reading on the type (follicular adenoma) of nodule I had and everything I read said they were very hard to diagnose with the FNA. Apperantly the FNA on this type does not get enough tissue to see what pattern the cells are growing in. So even if I got an FNA it probably would have come back inconclusive. So it would have been surgeon time no matter what.

As to the stomach problems, my stomach has been boiling months before I found the nodule and worse after. I have gone from PPI to PPI and the only thing that seems to work is Prilosec OTC or Nexium.

I don't think Thyroid cancer spreads much farther then the neck area. Plus I heard that it is like no other cancer when it comes to treatment. If it is in your lungs it is not lung cancer, it is thyroid cancer in the lungs and can be cleared up with RAI.

When is your FNA?

Old 02-11-2005, 02:41 AM   #4

Colomolo HB User

No idea when it is. I wish I did, I feel like im always moaning lol I have to wait on the stupid NHS. I cant even get a second opinion because there is only the one endo I can see and he only works Friday.

Yes I live in London, sometimes it feels more like some Victorian 3rd world country.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #5
(male)

theman2000 HB User

We in the US always gripe about our insurance rates. Everyone wants the governmemt to step in and do something about but I can now see where it has its downfalls.

I had my first visit with the surgeon on Tuesday and he wanted to know if I wanted it removed on Thursday. I told him the next Thursday.

I take it for granted that I can look in a doctor provider book from my insurance company and just call them.

A few years ago I was twitching all over and my GP said maybe you have Lou Geregs (ALS). The earliest appt he could get me at a neuro was 6 months out. Well If I have ALS 6 months is to long to wait. So I had to go to the ER and have them look me over. Since I went to the ER it was considered an emergency and they scheduled me for a neuro visit a day later.(no ALS thank god)

Is there any way you can speed things up by going to the ER and complain about swallowing problems or pain?

Just a thought.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Colomolo, It's pretty rare for thyroid cancer to spread to the stomach, as I understand it its much more likely to go to Lungs and or Bones. That is VERY RARE also I might add. If you are like me the stress of waiting and dealing with doctors will cause my stomach to go wild! What kind of thyroid cancer did you have? Did it spread to lymph nodes?

Closed Thread