It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #1

ohiobuckeye HB User
What should I ask my Doctor test results-Armour

I switched to Armour on 2/5/05 from 137 mcgs of Synthroid. I have an appointment on 3/16/05. I am suppossed to have labwork done before the appointment- Free T4 and TSH. I wanted to get the labwork done early as I am not having any resolution of symptoms! I had labwork done back in November while on the Synthroid.. Now, I call the Dr. and the nurse practitioner tells me that I have to wait another six weeks to get my labwork done as they have to go strictly on the Armour. What makes the difference? I think that since November is long enough to wait to get my labwork! i am trying to tell her that it is a combination of the Synthroid then and the Armour now that is telling me if I am getting enough medication period! Am I right? I am going crazy with poor appetite and still gaining weight- constipation, very dry scaly skin and generally not well.

thanks

Old 02-15-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User
Re: What should I ask my Doctor test results-Armour

I don't understand what you're asking. They want the labwork, I'm sure to be with the Synthroid out of your system completely. That takes about 6 weeks. What amount of Armour are you taking?

Do you have the labwork results from November? I would be very interested in seeing them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User

The synthroid you were on will be in your system for 6-8 weeks, Ohio. If you're checked now you won't know if just the Armour is the right dose. Unless you're still on the same dose of Synthroid and the new dose of armour the results from a blood draw now won't give you much useful information on what dose you'll need of Armour.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #4

ohiobuckeye HB User

My TSH was still high- around 6 or 7 in November. I increased my Synthorid to 137 mcgs on December 12, 2005. Still did not feel right by February. They changed me to Armour 2 grains on February 4, 2005. I am sceduled to get another blood tst on March 5th. I am thinking that this would have given it ample time to see if I have enough thyroid hormone in my body whether it be by Synthroid or Armour. If my labs ares still too high TSH etc.-they can raise the Armour to 2 1/2 grains. What is really weird is that I can't sleep at night but I have terrible constipation where I have to take laxatives, dry skin, and weight gain-especially around my middle. He is checking for Cushings in March as well.

Thanks.

Closed Thread