It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #1
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 88
ohio1968 HB User
Lab Report

Hello,


here is my Lab report. Right now i am taking 180mg (3grain) Armour thyroid. Could you let me know what you think of this lab.

TSH 0.01 (0.35-5.5)
T4 9.4 (4.5-10.9)
T3 1.75 (0.6-1.8)
FREE T4 1.17 (0.9-1.8)

i go to my family doctor today. he told me to cut it down your thyroid medician 120mg.
i give you brife input. i go to naturopathy doctor for my thyroid medician. he is the one treating me for thyroid & hormone problume.

Last year i go to my family doctor & ask for thyroid test. at first he donot want to do thryroid test. he just want to do only TSH & T4.
i ask for complet thyroid panel. i have to argue to do thryroid antibody & all. finally he did. but he look at lab report say we are going watch for next 3 months. he told me to come back in his office after 3 months & he is going to do another thyroid test. that time my anti-thyroglobulin was 923 range was (0-40) i did not know anything about thyroid problume that time. so i go to Naturopathy doctor. that doctor start on armour thyroid.

Last week i go to my family doctor for yealy check up. he did all the blood test & thyroid tests too. i did not ask for it. today i go for follow-up appt. but he told me i have low thyroid. MY TSH is low. i want your guys input please. i belive i need to stay on 180mg Armour thyroid medician to feel better. My family doctor told me if you stay on that i am on hight risk for a heart problume & osteroprosis. can any one explain to me this. my family doctor only go by TSH. so i know he is not right but i need to know from you guys too.

Last edited by ohio1968; 02-15-2005 at 07:10 AM.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-15-2005, 07:47 AM   #2
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 88
ohio1968 HB User
Re: Lab Report

Bump??????????

 
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,434
Gopherhead HB User
Re: Lab Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio1968
here is my Lab report. Right now i am taking 180mg (3grain) Armour thyroid. Could you let me know what you think of this lab.

TSH 0.01 (0.35-5.5)
T4 9.4 (4.5-10.9)
T3 1.75 (0.6-1.8)
FREE T4 1.17 (0.9-1.8)
Your FT4 is still rather low, relatively speaking, ohio. How do you feel? Do you still have symptoms?

Quote:
that time my anti-thyroglobulin was 923 range was (0-40) i did not know anything about thyroid problume that time. so i go to Naturopathy doctor. that doctor start on armour thyroid.
The naturopath sounds like a good Doctor, Ohio. He put you on Armour and that's a good sign.

Quote:
Last week i go to my family doctor for yealy check up. he did all the blood test & thyroid tests too. i did not ask for it. today i go for follow-up appt. but he told me i have low thyroid. MY TSH is low.
This guy sounds like your typical GP; looking only at your TSH, which is now basically meaningless because of the Armour. It's going to go down, it's supposed to go down. What matters are your FT levels. Your FT4 isn't sky high, and your T3 is only at the top of the range. Can you get your FT3 tested? It would be more useful.

Quote:
i want your guys input please. i belive i need to stay on 180mg Armour thyroid medician to feel better.
If you do not feel hyperthyroid then you're not; your labs don't indicate you're getting too much thryoid and if you don't feel like you are, then you're not.

Quote:
My family doctor told me if you stay on that i am on hight risk for a heart problume & osteroprosis. can any one explain to me this. my family doctor only go by TSH. so i know he is not right but i need to know from you guys too.
Your doctor is wrong again, Ohio. He's using old evidence that says when TSH get's too low people develope osteoporosis. This just isn't so; it's when FTs are too low that osteoporosis becomes an issue. Dr. Dommisse has written about this and if you search through the Archives you should find the references. Heart problems are typical with too much thyroid and too little thyroid (basically this is the case for osteoporosis as well). Your labs and your symptoms do not indicate you're getting too much.

I would follow the advice of the naturopath on this and not the regular doctor.
__________________
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

 
Old 02-15-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,293
midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Lab Report

I completely agree.
If you feel well on that dose, you should stick with it.

 
Old 02-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 88
ohio1968 HB User
Re: Lab Report

Thank you Gopherhead & Midwest,

I know i can always count on you. You guys are the best. My family doctor want me to come after 6 week. at first he wants me to try synthyroid or Levothyroxine. i told him no to those medician. when told him i am allready taking armour thyroid. he got upset with me. he know i was before. but he told me why you are here in this office if you do not want to listen to me. i told him i want to stay on armour & i like this thyroid medician & i donot want to try any other medician. than he said you want me to treat your thyroid problume or some one else. i told him let me think about it. i donot want to say infornt of him no. so i left the office. now for sure since i got your input i am going to stick with my naturopathy doctor. thanks again. i feel better on 180mg. i am going to stick with this armouor dose. i heard in summer time you have to go on lower dose. can any one explain why & how i know i need lower doze.???

Last edited by ohio1968; 02-15-2005 at 08:39 AM.

 
Old 02-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,434
Gopherhead HB User
Re: Lab Report

Good for you ohio Stick to your guns and your Armour!

You may or may not need to lower your dose in the summer; changes in doses are sometimes tied to seaons. We need more in the winter because our metabolism have to work harder if we live in a cold climate to keep us warm. There is also thought to be a connection between depression and the cold dark of winter; and we all know how well T3 works against depression.

Just keep an eye on how you're feeling, you'll know if your dose is too high; you'll feel hyper symptoms.

Nat
__________________
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

 
Old 02-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Fl. USA
Posts: 785
miper HB User
Re: Lab Report

Ohio,

My TSH is lower than yours and my Doctor keeps me on my dose. I take a small amount of Synthroid along with my Armour to help keep my T4 up. You might want to talk to Doc about that.
Your free numbers are what's important right now, not your TSH. Do not let your PCP talk you into doing anything you know you shouldn't. Mine is doing the same thing. He thinks I'm hyperthyroid and wants me to cut back on meds. and change to synthetic. They either LOVE Armour or they HATE it. I get tired of listening to their opinions. I know I feel better on Armour then I did on Synthroid and Cytomel and that's all that counts. Good luck to you!

 
Old 02-16-2005, 05:36 AM   #8
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 88
ohio1968 HB User
Re: Lab Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by miper
Ohio,

My TSH is lower than yours and my Doctor keeps me on my dose. I take a small amount of Synthroid along with my Armour to help keep my T4 up. You might want to talk to Doc about that.
Your free numbers are what's important right now, not your TSH. Do not let your PCP talk you into doing anything you know you shouldn't. Mine is doing the same thing. He thinks I'm hyperthyroid and wants me to cut back on meds. and change to synthetic. They either LOVE Armour or they HATE it. I get tired of listening to their opinions. I know I feel better on Armour then I did on Synthroid and Cytomel and that's all that counts. Good luck to you!
Thank you so much. you guys are so helpfull to me. always. when i am not sure i always post here to get advise from.I don't know why doctor don't get enough training. I am fine with my Natruopathy doctor. I am going to stick with Naturopath. He is the one give me armour at my first appt. he is so nice. he did not want to do blood work.

 
Old 02-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 3,450
LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: Lab Report

Quote:
i told him i want to stay on armour & i like this thyroid medician & i donot want to try any other medician. than he said you want me to treat your thyroid problume or some one else. i told him let me think about it. i donot want to say infornt of him no. so i left the office. now for sure since i got your input i am going to stick with my naturopathy doctor.
Good choice! Besides the thyroid issue, you want a doctor who is not so insecure about his patient's seeking other doctor's advice and input. GOOD doctors would encourage you to get a second opinion just to ease your mind. You don't want a doctor who is not open to other choices like armour-especially when it has helped you so much.
It's great to hear you're feeling well!
Barb
__________________
Live, Love, Laugh.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
MRI Report Need help and advice please spasmedout Spinal Cord Disorders 6 10-08-2009 07:49 AM
My hepatites B detection report. Assistance needed. Hepifighter Hepatitis 2 04-05-2009 10:19 PM
CT Lumbar Spine W/O Contrast Report jeslookn Back Problems 3 12-15-2007 02:29 PM
Which is correct, MRI report from radiologist, or Dr. w/films Amyloo Multiple Sclerosis 13 09-20-2007 03:28 PM
help! wrong date of birth on report pearless Lupus 2 08-14-2005 01:28 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Armour
Cytomel
Levothroid
Levoxyl
Potassium
  Synthroid
Tapazole
Unithroid
Xanax
Zoloft




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



sammy64 (668), midwest1 (630), FinnMaid (311), Reece (225), lisa789 (196), Tree Frog (80), mkgbrook (72), cd37 (56), ladybud (47), Bran'sNana (44)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (903), Titchou (847), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!