It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User
I have a new diagnosis

Hi folks, I haven't posted in a while.
I have been in a thyroid flare and my pain levels have been way up.
I also have issues with TMJ, Carpal tunnel, major headaches...

Here's the deal: it is all related to fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed last week. I was one of those treated for my thyroid despite a TSH of 1.8 ***God bless my doctor*** and I responded to that treatment, but kept needing additions of Armour to feel better. It seems most fibromyalgia will respond to T3 - go figure.

Anyway, I was just back to my doctor and my T4 and T3 had both dropped to below mid-range, so he increased my Armour in December. I suspect last week's test will call for more Armour.

I was just wanting to bring this to your attention incase you had low normal TSH but thyroid symptoms combined with pain throughout your body. The problem just might be fibromyalgia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: I have a new diagnosis

I too was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, It turned out I was just hypothyroid. TSh 12.7 so this can go either way I suspect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User
Re: I have a new diagnosis

I find your post so interesting - as I think exactly the opposite - my fibro dx was due to hypothyroid....TSH only is so unreliable when treating the thyroid.

Dr. Teitelbaum has proposed that fibro is in fact under/un treated hypothyroidism...

Regardless of which way we say it, it is so good to have a doctor treat you not your lab slips, isnt' it?

I have found when my FT3, FT4 are out of line, my body's response is pain. T3 is the solution for me also.

You might want to post your good fortune on the fibro pages. I am all for solutions and feeling better...

Last edited by lillypad; 02-15-2005 at 12:11 PM.

Closed Thread