It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Veronicaberry HB User
Bumps on Face

I am hypothyroid and I was wondering if bumps were part of the deal. Sometimes they are like acne but alot of times they seem like they are welts or something really different under my neck and chin or on the chin line.

Does anyone else have this?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:10 AM   #2
(female)

Cazzie HB User
Re: Bumps on Face

Hi Veronica
Bumps, Acne and patches of eczema can be a sign that your 'waste dispostal' systems aren't working properly. I had lots of problems with my lymphatic system when my thyroid was first out of control. Are the bumps tender? Do the come and go? Are they directly under your skin and move with your skin, (cutaneous) or are they deeper, (subcutaneous)? If they are always there, I'd see your doctor about them. But if they're tender and come and go, chances are they're plugged up lympatic vessels. Hot baths help. Also, drink lots of water, cranberry juice, grape juice and eat as simply and organic as you can. No alcohol for a while or smoking. As little food colourings and additives as possible.

Imagine that your body was an empty glass with small holes in the bottom and over the years, it's filled up with all sorts of toxins, (expecially in fat tissue). When our systems are out of whak (like with thyroid problems) the 'holes' in the 'glass' get plugged up and the glass over flows. We start getting eczema, acne, boils, tender lumps under our armpits.... Our ability to rid our bodies of waste is compromised and we need to give it a break for a while and help it along.
Does this make any sense in your case? I hope it helps.

C.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
shawverdogs (03-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread