It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #1

tennille2 HB User
Question Hypothyroid and Shaky/Trembling Hands

I was just diagnosed with hypothyroid this morning I was just wondering if anyone has had symptoms of shaky or trembling hands? I saw a nurse practitioner this morning and she said she wasn't sure. I am hoping to make an appt. with an endocrinologist (sp?) but in the meantime the shaking concerns me. Has anyone heard or had this? Thanks so much for any
info.!! :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: Hypothyroid and Shaky/Trembling Hands

Hypothyroid is not well known for shakey hands, but Graves' Disease and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is, particularly during the hyper phases of the disease. Anxiety, stress and medications can also play a big role. Hashi's would be the most common reason if you were diagnosed hypo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

nahk HB User

I have shaky hands with all the hypo symptoms my endo is so confused because my labs are in range please let me know what your doctor says

Old 03-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #4

adevin HB User

I am hypo hasi and suffer from shaking as well. Take a note wether its all the time in the morning, afternoon, etc. This will help the doc determine if anything can be done.

If it gets worse at some point during the day your body is pretty getting to much hormone and then it levels off at some point. Also watch during and after excersize or if you haven't excersized in a long time you may shake for a few weeks while your body starts to regulate itself.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #5

tennille2 HB User

Thank you all very much for answering, I was worried I wouldn't get any responses. I haven't even seen an endo yet. I called my primary care Dr. this a.m. to see if she could refer me to one. I have to look up Hashis and Graves my PCD didn't even mention that, she was very vague just saying oh its no big deal and just take the meds and see what happens. But I don't think she realizes how annoying the shaking is. Its hard to do my tasks at work at times. I have recently started exercising and I also take a decent amt. of pills because I am OCD and I have vertigo. I'm only 28 what a mess, huh? But it could definately be worse, so I'm not complaining. Thank you all again, SO much !!! :-)

Old 03-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennille2
Thank you all very much for answering, I was worried I wouldn't get any responses. I haven't even seen an endo yet. I called my primary care Dr. this a.m. to see if she could refer me to one. I have to look up Hashis and Graves my PCD didn't even mention that, she was very vague just saying oh its no big deal and just take the meds and see what happens. But I don't think she realizes how annoying the shaking is. Its hard to do my tasks at work at times. I have recently started exercising and I also take a decent amt. of pills because I am OCD and I have vertigo. I'm only 28 what a mess, huh? But it could definately be worse, so I'm not complaining. Thank you all again, SO much !!! :-)
Hypo can cause shaky trembling hands b/c hypo effects the muscles and with treatment the shakiness will stop.Theres not much that little thyroid gland doesn't effect when its out of whack... Take care

Closed Thread