It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
(male)

help0001 HB User
Can a Thyroid problem affecting the heart and breathing?

Hi all, I am currently being tested for any thyroid problems. I am just wondering, because I have been having a lot of tremors in the hands whether a thyroid disorder can affect the breathing - making it difficult or cause pain and can it also cause palpatations of the heart?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Can a Thyroid problem affecting the heart and breathing?

Absolutely. It can do all those things. Thyroid trouble can affect any system in the body, so its symptoms number in the dozens.
Let us know if we can help after you get your test results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
(male)

help0001 HB User

I should get my results sometime near the end of this week because it takes around 7 to 10 days for the results to come through. But what is making me think it is something to do with my thyroid is because i keep having palpatations, tremors and my throat feels sore and like its vibrating. Could these be indicators of thyroid problems?

Thanks

Old 04-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Yes. Hyperthyroidism usually causes tremors and heart rhythm problems, although they can happen with hypothyroidism, too, sometimes. Your sore throat might be an indication that your gland is working overtime. Seven to 10 days is a long time for thyroid results. You must have an extra slow lab.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
(male)

help0001 HB User

Thanks for your reply. Its when I talk an all, it feels really funny, very much like a vibrating sensation, do they label it as "hoarse"? I think we do have very slow labs, and it doesn't help when you are worried about it, like I am. I have Raynaulds Syndrome you see and i'm being tested to see if that is progressing also. So i'm just worried about the thyroid and my other tests. Do you feel the symptoms i'm describing are relating to the thyroid and what treatment will occur? I have also had difficulty trying to get to sleep, and waking up pretty early too. I haven't put any weight on.

Closed Thread