It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

kaciii HB User
CT Scan results: Golf Ball size 'growth'...

Had FNA biopsy (he took four biopsies) CT scan shows a cold nodule, which is what he suspected from the beginning. It is the size of a golf ball pushing my larynx over. Of the biopsies one is suspicious and he also doesn't like
the looks of the nodule on the scan.

He says he needs another surgeron there. Nerve or cariodid, can't remember which one. Excuse my spelling, but don't feel like looking up these medical words.

He said that he will have to take the whole thyroid on one side. If it is
cancerous (the lump), then he has to take the other. The other side looks
fine, though and my lymph nodes look good. Surgery is in 2 weeks (he is going on vacation next week, so if this was very serious he would have me wait that long).

What might a suspicious biopsy be? Have any of you gone in with the thought of a suspicious growh and it be ok?

Old 04-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
(female)

kaatluvr HB User
Re: CT Scan results: Golf Ball size 'growth'...

Hi Kaciii, I had two very large nodules (one solid one cystic) that the surgeons were very concerned about. They told me 50-50% cancer on the solid nodule before surgery. I was a WRECK, worrying. I had to wait 12 days for my surgery -- seemed like forever. After all was done, the pathology reports were benign. They told me beforehand, and I read numerous times on the boards that the vast majority were benign, but of course I could only focus on mine being one of the small minority that would be cancerous. Try not to worry too much (I know that's easy to say), I'll keep you in prayer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

kaciii HB User

Thanks, the drs. office called and said they would do my surgery before he
goes on his vacation. This is nice, so I don't have to wait and wonder.
I am getting the surgery next week. K

Old 04-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Good I am glad he is going to do it sooner and its great that is is calling in the other surgeon. I have been through what you are going through now and the hardest part is the waiting and now he has just cut the time in half, that is good. Even if this turns out to be cancer you will not believe how much better you will feel when this nodule is gone. I felt better 2 days after my surgery (TT in 1991) than I had felt in a whole year! Let us know how it go's and if you need to talk in the meantime we will keep this thread going.

Closed Thread