It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User
Unhappy I am so sad!

Good Monring all!

This is so frustrating!
The following are my resutls

Free T4 1.1 (0.7-1.5)

TSH 0.17 (0.35-5.00)

Total T3 1.35 (0.60-1.81)

I talked to the Dr. and they will NOT do anything till I go for a ultrasound for my thyroid. (today)

I am tired, dry eyes, weight gain, (low libido ) puffy eyes, the list goes on. IF my goiter did not get bigger, then they acutally said they might take me off synthroid!!! YIKES!

Then what happens? I have been off it before and my goiter gets bigger and WOW I feel worse! Major hypo symptoms. Any thoughts????

thank you!

Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
(female)

linda115 HB User
Re: I am so sad!

Your test results and symptoms were so similar to mine prior to my surgery this February. After over a year of Levothroid, I felt worse instead of better. Upon ultrasound, it showed that my goiter has enlarged and a nodule on the left has also increased from1 cm to 3 cm. That's how I ended up in surgery. My doctor removed the left side only.

Now here's the good news. I am not on any medication at the moment. All my numbers rose to optimal levels. All my symptoms are either gone or subsided. I have never felt better. I have more energy to deal with my life. I pay attention to my diet and I exercise. It's like day and night compared to half a year ago.

So I want to encourage you to move forward and take the ultrasound. When we have thyroid disorders, regular monitoring of the thyroid is highly recommended. Symptoms will give you some clues but test results will confirm the symptoms. I will pray for you as you journey on the road of recovery.

Blessings,
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

God Linda I love hearing stories like that. It makes me think I should just have this thing removed already and move on with my life. Its so nice to hear success stories once in a while. Are you telling me that life can actually be GOOD again? I can't even imagine. It seems that we don't really "live", we are just "alive" and deal with each day.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:49 AM   #4
(female)

linda115 HB User

nastyhashi. Before surgery, I was terrified. After surgery, I was also terrified. However, when each day gets better and better, I am delighted that I made the choice to have surgery. If the thyroid is not functioning right, there's no point in keeping it. It will just be a long battle. At least after surgery, I can have a fresh start. Surgery is not for everyone. It's a personal decision. For me, I would rather have surgery now (57) than when I am in my 60s, 70s or 80s, if I live that long.

By the way, I also had PPH hemorrhoid surgery last Dec. That turned out to be a huge blessing too.

Blessings,
Linda

Old 06-02-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

So...in short...you were a complete mess like me before the surgery and now you would consider yourself fairly normal? You can do things each day like normal people do and not worry about the next panic attack or dizzy spell or hyper period or muscle cramps? My life has been totally adjusted to my thyroid as sad as that sounds. I do things not cause I want to but becasue my thyroid will allow me to...its sad at only 34 years old.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
(female)

linda115 HB User

Yep... those days when I woke up everyone at home to take me to ER for panic attack are over... those days that I have to look for extra clothings, socks, blankets are over... those days that I had terrible heartburn, couldn't eat, couldn't move BM, tummy blown up like a balloon ARE OVER! And more....

Old 06-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User

Linda,

Thank you so much and I am glad you are feeling better. I had the ultrasound today. So I will see what is going on. Tummy blown up....from thryroid??? I have the same thng. I am gaining left and right. I am so sad...we are having an 8th grade graduation and going to Disney in July.

Is the surgery long, recoup time???

Thanks so much,
\Michelle

Old 06-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
(female)

linda115 HB User

Let's wait for your ultrasound report and hope for the best. In the meantime, concentrate on graduation and your disney trip in July.

Blessings,
Linda

Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #9
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User

Yes, you are right! I am just frustrated. But, no matter what, I feel the goiter. I ahve gone off the synthroid at times and it has gotten bigger. So, okay....just wait!

Thanks!
Michelle

Old 06-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #10
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User

repeat; sorry

Last edited by Wakeupcall; 06-06-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #11
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User
Results of Ultrasound of Thyroid...thoughts???

This is so frustrating!
The following are my resutls

Free T4 1.1 (0.7-1.5)

TSH 0.17 (0.35-5.00)

Total T3 1.35 (0.60-1.81)

I just came back from an Endo...they told me to get off the .025 synthroid. That is does NOTHING FOR GOITERS....in 1999 the goiter was 3.0 now it is 2.50. I am sooooooo confused. I told him that when I was off, I felt it in my throat. He told me that was not possible. What do I do? I felt it. I am miserable. Any thoughts????

***Also, I have another mass at 2.4 c.m and I am having a biopsey next week.

thank you

Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #12

mimiblue HB User

Dear Wakeupcall;

I cannot believe your doctor had the audasity to tell you it's not possible to feel your goiter. I too have a goiter and my doctor told me the same thing....I guess she's not the only a** around. Believe me...I feel mine and sometimes it's almost like a choking sensation. I am not on medication.

How long have you been on meds? Do you find they've helped you? What are your next steps?

Mimi

Old 06-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

Is it possible for you to find another doctor?

Old 06-07-2005, 04:38 AM   #14
(female)

Wakeupcall HB User
Unhappy Re: I am so sad!

Goodmorning,

The Dr. told me that the synthroid has NO barring on the goiter. That the .025 that I am taking, if stopped, will not cause me to feel the goiter cme back. I have been on meds since 99. I told him that a few times I have stopped and I have felt it. I want to cry. I am going to Disney (my hubby and 3 kids) and having a graduation party for my daughter (8th grade) and feel like YUK! He took blood work to see if my hormones are out of wack (had hysterectomy and 1 ovary removed) I am out of synthroid in about 2 weeks...what do I do. to find another endo. . .any one around here is about 2 months, that is why I went to this guy. Maybe that was clue #1, that I was able to see him in 1 1/2 weeks!!!!! and the rest of them was about 2 months. This is crazy. I have 1 more cyst and I want to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:49 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

This is what my doctor says: if you aren't feeling well you need medication. That even when he can't feel an enlarged thyroid he knows that I can.

If your doctor had something 2-3 cms pressing on his airway - he would understand that choking feeling. Getting treatment helped with that feeling for me. There is a connection and he has a lot of nerve telling you how you feel.

I don't see an endo - I see my family doctor - but he is a special case who has made thyroid disease a self learned specialty of his. I wish you luck.

Closed Thread