It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Angry Not good synthroid

I am generalizing, but has this a grain or more of truth? It seems MOST of what I read about Synthroid from swallowers...(and if my own personal swallowing experience is any indication) is NOT good....are most people who are ONLY on synthroid not feeling very well? If so then I feel like a crime is being committed here......!!! (does my frustration show?)

Last edited by pixiek; 06-03-2005 at 05:34 AM.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User
Re: Not good synthroid

I won't take anything but synthroid. My Aunt was on levoxyl and switched to synthroid and is doing much better.
If I had taken synthroid instead of levoxyl when they were trying to shrink my thyroid, I might still have it.
I think it just depends on the person.
Nodi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Pixie, Hopefully you can get your doc to put you on Armour. It sounds to me like the synthroid is not helping you much.

Is your t4 converting to t3 properly? Sometimes that can be a problem for some people.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
(female)

MLWC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiek
I am generalizing, but has this a grain or more of truth? It seems MOST of what I read about Synthroid from swallowers is NOT good....are most people who are ONLY on synthroid not feeling very well?
Well, I have a question about this...
I take levothyroxine, the generic of Synthroid. I know there are differences in fillers and stuff, but how much to those things make a difference? I thought they were pretty inocuous.

Also, how would one know if it's good for them or not? I mean, for example, I feel better a lot of the time than I did before the levoxyl, but how do I know whether I might have less swinging or feel better with the name brand? Should my endo be able to answer this? I mean, he prescribed Synthroid, but the pharmacy gave me levothyroxine...should I have asked him whether he wanted the brand name dispensed? (I thought that would have been written on the prescription...)

pixie--do you not feel better at all? Is that how you know synthroid is not working? Or do you feel worse or up and down?

Sorry for asking so much...I'm just trying to absorb so that I can learn more about what to look for and what to expect the longer I'm on this....

thanks for your patience, you guys....

Closed Thread