It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

gavmed HB User
Could symptom this be caused by my thyroid?

After excercising for 20 min or longer I feel fantastic for the first half hour or so. After that period I get a very I get very strange feeling where I feel very uncomfortable, excited, agitated, a bit like throwing gas on a fire.It feels like maybe a hormone could be flooding my sysytem.This will last till the next day.If I have excercised hard I will also need to urinate frequently. I will wake up throughout the night.

If I over excersise over a few days I will get very shaky and have to go home and rest for a few days.I wont be able to cope with anything.

I have a very similar reaction to stress and heat.If it gets a little too hot I get very uncomfortable.

My am Cortisol level seems normal and my thoiroid tsh test came back normal.

I suspect i have moderate adrenal fatigue.I have salt cravings, very low blood sugar(fasting glucose was fine),cant handle stress.I also have high levels of anxiety.

I have also been diagnosed with sensory integration issues(mainly moro-reflex).Not been able to excercise is tough.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

KatherineIrene HB User
Re: Could symptom this be caused by my thyroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavmed
After excercising for 20 min or longer I feel fantastic for the first half hour or so. After that period I get a very I get very strange feeling where I feel very uncomfortable, excited, agitated, a bit like throwing gas on a fire.It feels like maybe a hormone could be flooding my sysytem.This will last till the next day.If I have excercised hard I will also need to urinate frequently. I will wake up throughout the night.

If I over excersise over a few days I will get very shaky and have to go home and rest for a few days.I wont be able to cope with anything.

I have a very similar reaction to stress and heat.If it gets a little too hot I get very uncomfortable.

My am Cortisol level seems normal and my thoiroid tsh test came back normal.

I suspect i have moderate adrenal fatigue.I have salt cravings, very low blood sugar(fasting glucose was fine),cant handle stress.I also have high levels of anxiety.

I have also been diagnosed with sensory integration issues(mainly moro-reflex).Not been able to excercise is tough.
Your symptoms indeed sound adrenal related especially the salt cravings. You need your doctor to check your DHEA-S and cortisol (4 times over the day)

My morning cortisol came back in the normal level but my DHEA-S was well below range which is indicative of adrenal exhaustion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User

I recently had saliva test done for cortisol. My 8AM was below normal, the NOON was above normal, the 4PM was normal, and the 11PM was below normal. Doing the test 4 times a day, you can see the variations - and how just one test done during the day can falsely show "normal" adrenal function. My blood work showed low normal AM cortisol because it was done in the doc's office around 10:30AM, and it stressed me just getting to the docs, so naturally my cortisol might be more elevated than it normally would. The saliva collection is done in your own home, so there's more accuracy, I believe.

I was put on 10mg CORTEF, which I take in a split dose, once in AM , once in PM. My DHEA was also low.

I guess the point I am making is that just bc one test showed your cortisol "normal" doesn't mean that your adrenals aren't fatigued. You need a bigger picture to really see what is going on.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User

Sorry, I meant that to read "My blood work showed NORMAL AM cortisol" in the doc's office.

Closed Thread