It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

Fireplace HB User
Thyroid Health

Has anyone successfully gotten Hashimotos under control and feels like they have total health? If so please share your wisdom! Most people who feel good are probably not on this site but I would love to hear a success story!!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: Thyroid Health

Im still searching too. The only people I know who are perfect are those that got this stupid gland ripped out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

KarenMorris HB User
Re: Thyroid Health

I feel like I'm close. But not quite totally there. I'm on 3 grains of Armour now and I love the feeling of being able to think again. But I have to work to feel good. I still have fatigue now, and require naps on some days, but not every day anymore. I'm still constipated and not losing weight anymore. But I'm not gaining, either. I did notice the other day that my eyebrows seem to be growing back in, as well. They are just fine, stubbly little hairs, but that's improvement!

I have Diabetes as well, so most of my diet is carefully controlled. I exercise every day by riding my exercise bike for 1/2 hour. I lift weights every other day (Just 5 lbs with LOTS of repetitions) I try to be as active as possible, but some days, that's just hard. I drink about a gallon of water a day and take vitamins to supplement the diet. I take the stairs instead of the elevator. I TRY to be positive about things, but again, on some days, that's just hard.

It took me 6 years to find a doctor who cares about how I feel and only uses my lab results as a guide. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis has been the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with (and I have 3 teenage daughters, if that tells you anything).

So I would say that I don't necessarily have total health yet, but I'm really, really close. Mainly thanks to people on this board who first started educating and encouraging me last July, when I felt like no one was every going to be able to help me. Until then, I thought my doctors were right, and I was just crazy. Finding out that I wasn't crazy actually helped me to fight for me and keep trying to find a doctor who truely CARES.

Closed Thread