It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

BamaC HB User
Armour Thyroid

For those of you who take Armour by letting it dissolve under tongue, do you still have to abide by rule of one hour before or two hours after eating? What about timing of other meds? And how did you learn about dissolving it under tongue? I'm very interested in this, so please share your experiences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
(female)

Jo-chan HB User
Re: Armour Thyroid

I don't think you need to have an empty stomach to take Armour by dissolving it under your tongue because it goes directly into your bloodstream, rather than being dissolved in your stomach first. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

I've read here and on other Hypothyroid websites that taking Armour sublingually is the best way, and it's been working well for me. And as far as I know, you won't have any interactions from other drugs and/or supplements if you take Armour sublingually. Taking it this way is so much easier for me, and the Armour tastes kind of sweet, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

I'm going to try doing Armour under the tongue----but it's going to be hard---everytime I take one---I feel like I'm eating a really nasty hamburger or something. But if letting it dissolve under the tongue helps me feel even 10% better, I'll learn to love the taste.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
(female)

kkkittykat HB User

You'll get even more benefits if you put it between your gum and cheek!!

kk

Old 06-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Why would there be more benefits from between gum and cheek as opposed to under the tongue?

Just curious .

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

If you put it under your tongue, it will mix with the saliva more and dissolve rather quickly.

Between the cheek and gum there is less saliva and lots of little capillaries that will absorb the medicine and go directly to the bloodstream.

It is going to get into your system anyway you do it. Everyone has there own individual way.

I can't say which is the best way because there is not any documented proof.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
(female)

BamaC HB User

Thanks, everybody, for all the info. Now if I let it dissolve under tongue or between cheek and gums, can I take Altace (HBP med.) immediately or should I wait? What do you think?

Old 06-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #8
(female)

kkkittykat HB User

there is more saliva under the tongue than between the cheek and gums. Under the tongue is much better than swallowing>

kk

Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
(female)

pete0303 HB User

I take westhroid which is another dessicated glandular and i have found that between cheek and gum to be best for me. More immediate absorbtion compared to swallowing it like i did in the beginning, I dont care if it is from a pig,It has changed my quality of life,and as a farmer knowing how onery and obstinat a pig can be I believe it is the best part of a pig,ha ha Lady 50 how are ya?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:48 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

Yes, pigs...bless their little glands....

Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete0303
I take westhroid which is another dessicated glandular and i have found that between cheek and gum to be best for me. More immediate absorbtion compared to swallowing it like i did in the beginning, I dont care if it is from a pig,It has changed my quality of life,and as a farmer knowing how onery and obstinat a pig can be I believe it is the best part of a pig,ha ha Lady 50 how are ya?
I put mine between the cheek and gum and leave it there for at least 30 minutes and have been feeling good.

The other day I had a problem and doubled my dose and developed hand tremors but I am okay now. It taught me a lesson that dissolving two grains at one time is too much t3, so I only take 1 grain at a time.

Live and learn
Thanks

Old 06-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #12
(female)

Jo-chan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady50
I put mine between the cheek and gum and leave it there for at least 30 minutes and have been feeling good.
What if the Armour pill hasn't fully dissolved after those 30 minutes? Do you spit it out or just leave it there? This happened to me yesterday when I tried putting in between my cheek and gum. I was surprised that it took so long to dissolve.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am on the generic, so what is left is just the binders and fillers. So, I just go ahead and swallow it.

The real Armour I have heard, will totally dissolve.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #14
(female)

Ltraci2 HB User

I asked the doc the last time I was in about the full glass of water with meds and not eating for an hour or so and not taking anything else(other meds) within a couple hours. She said it all helped in the absorption in the blood stream. If you have food in your tummy, you are digesting while you take the pill and there are chances of less of the meds getting absorbed since things will move out of the tummy faster. The full glass of water also helped in absorption.

I haven't tried under the tongue - I'm on Levoxyl - can you take it that way too????

Old 06-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User

I've heard that there is no need to take the Levoxyl (T4 only med) that way.

I take Armour and have been putting it under the tongue. Seems to be working for me.

Closed Thread