It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

Fireplace HB User
Thyroid and Back Discomfort

Does anyone have back discomfort? I can't figure out if it is a muscle or something internal with my adrenals?

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2005, 07:54 AM   #2
(female)

litlmoo HB User
Re: Thyroid and Back Discomfort

Fireplace I was having that same question. My lower back has been hurting so bad for 2 weeks now. I feel like I am to weak to bend down and then back up agian. I havent done anything (that I know of) that would make it hurt this bad. I just figure that it will go away with time.

I just had my adrenials checked and of couse "I am FINE" so I am not sure that it is the proble. Maybe somebody has some insight in to this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

Cazzie HB User

This is a bit weird, but I'm going to post it in case it helps someone.

My sister had terrible back pain, was off work for months and was going to physiotherapy and chiropracter and still not feeling any better. She went in for a routine gyno exam and they found something. She had cysts growing on her ovaries that had 'attached' themselves to the back of her abdominal cavity. It was this that was pulling and causing the pain in her 'back'. She opted for a hysterectomy and her back pain was gone.

Back pain is a strange one. It can be caused by all sorts of things because in the abdominal area (back and front), we can get 'displaced pain'. Because of the signaling of nerve endings in this area, it can feel like pain in one place, but the problem causing the pain is actually coming from somewhere else. It makes diagnosis difficult, but should remind us that chronic pain in these areas shouldn't be ignored.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #4
(female)

Cazie42 HB User

Hi

I dont know whether this has any relation to your question?
Backpain oh yes I've had my fair share. Thirteen years ago diagnosed
ovarian cyst,(removal left ovary)..Then 5 years ago back pain resulting in
a lumbar disc hernia (rupture due to ware and tear so they say!).. Operated on 3 times, and then found on MRI scan another cyst on my remaining ovary..sub total Hysterectomy 2004.
Put on oestradoil HRT tablets.

Then found out 6 weeks ago I had underactive thyroid..WHAT EVER NEXT!

So Yes I would say go an have tests, scans etc just incase it is related
in any way (oh and I was on the contraceptive pill for 10 years????)

So I was wondering also as to how long I have had a thyroid problem and not
known about it.

Any way hope this may have helped?
Best wishes
Cazie42

Old 06-09-2005, 04:22 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User

Yes, I too have recurring lower back problems, mostly my hips and I'm not doing anything unusual which would cause this. I also have upper back and shoulder problems too and can't drive more than an hour on the highway without some nasty sharp pains like pins being stabbed into the back of my neck. I know that thyroid causes muscle weakness, so i attribute the pain, ache, tightness to that. I see the chiropractor often and do pilates which helps some as well as frequent walks (when i have the energy).

Closed Thread