It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

Fireplace HB User
Weight Loss and Medication Change

Has anyone had their medication adjusted after they have lost weight?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User
Re: Weight Loss and Medication Change

I got put on 175 of syn after low tests results, I had started at 125 of syn years and years ago. I felt real good for about 6 months and then I started going hyper---I didn't realize how serious it was, but I knew things needed to be adjusted. I lost weight----but I looked and felt great----until my family practice doctor panicked and dropped me to 100 of synthroid. It was too big of a drop----and I think it nearly killed me because the f.p. dropped everything and rushed me to the ER---where they covnveniently dxd me as "depressed" after they found I "wasn't on drugs". They didn't believe a word I said about the recent and radical drop in synthroid. I sat there in the ER for 6 hours---they told me I could go home when my high blood pressure came down. It was like 170/120. I think they were just waiting for me to have a stroke.

I wouldn't ever let them drop my doses like that again. I ended up with another doctor bumping me up to 150 syn. I felt better almost immediately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #3

Skuba2 HB User
Re: Weight Loss and Medication Change

Yes. I was originally on 175 synthroid. I lost weight and got down to 100. When I went on the Cytomel, they cut it in half and added 10 of cytomel. As I wrote in my other post, I have started taking my Cytomel in the afternoon and have also been able to cut it in half. My decreases actually happend once at weight loss and once after child birth--probably just body changing.

Being hyper isn't always a good feeling either. I had gotten hyper. Took advantage of it by getting a lot done by 8 am. But, also increased my appetite and I couldn't fall asleep easily.

DG

Closed Thread