It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User
Feeling like crap today

Yesterday I woke up with a temperature of 94.1.. after a very hot shower it went up to 94.6

Came to work and left at 12:30 - went home and slept for almost 2 hours. Had trouble sleeping last night.. heart was pounding, I was freezing cold/shivering, my boyfriend was snoring.

Today I woke up with a temp of 95.0 and a massive headache. Face is puffy, eyes are slow and heavy, heart has even fluttered a bit as I sit here. I shouldn't have come in to work today but I don't have much sick time left for the year.

How are we supposed to deal with this, and keep a 40 hour/week job? This sucks, and I'm in a terrible mood today. This 30mg of Armour isn't doing jack for me anymore, and I'm really tired of it. I have a doctors appointment on monday where I'll likely get an increase, but dang it I'm sick of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Feeling like crap today

Oh my that is quite a low temperature. Does your doctor believe in checking body temperatures?

A nurse asked me one time if I checked my temperatures. It really shocked me because I didn't think they even thought about that with hypothyroidism.

I don't know how you are working in the shape you are in right now. It must be so hard for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

Oh boy, I guess I would say you need an increase all right! I am stongly recommending that you read the thread about a week ago titled "How have you helped your foggy head" It has a wonderful post by KKKittykat on Armour and how to do dosing...a must read! And read before you go to the doctor for best results...my humble opinion!

So sorry you are not feeling well! Yes, if you are doing a 40 hour week job, my goodness....I really admire you! WOW...

Last edited by pixiek; 06-09-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

MLWC HB User

irys--
You are SO right.
How ARE we supposed to deal with this unpredictability?
The day you are having today, I had Tuesday and, man, was I ******. One of the heart palps was so bad I had to cough to make it stop!

(Actually, I swing between being ****** off and feeling depressed wondering whether I'll ever be able to fit into the clothes I wore only *3* months ago [i gained weight really fast])

The only thing that winds up happening is that you PUSH. You push yourself to get up, take the T4 pill, fight the headache (which I bet is from increased BP and the slow as ---- metabolism), find some clothes to wear [even though you're wearing the same damn things every week], get to work and try not to sit still too long or you'll fall asleep, lather rinse repeat for 8-9 hours, go home, eat dinner [even though at this point i feel like a pig and have bloated into someone I don't even know], go to sleep and take bets as to how I'll wake up the next day.

Even on a *good* day, I'm still overweight and stiff as a board...

Hang in there irys---tough it out and maybe tomorrow will be better---

mlwc

Old 06-09-2005, 06:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Lady50 - yeah, she usually looks at my temperature log when I go in.. I think it's at least somewhat of a factor in her diagnosis. My temperature has become better since December.. it isn't 94 one day, and 97 the next. It seems to do that less.. The fluctuations seemed to be less.

pixiek - I actually have that thread bookmarked Maybe I'll go read it again as a refresher.. *sigh* I just really don't want to be here (at work) today.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

(From the "helping your foggy head" thread)

"6) STAYING ON A STARTING DOSE TOO LONG. When first starting on Armour or any natural thyroid product, it can be
wise to start on a dose at-or-lower-than one grain. BUT......it's UNWISE to stay on that low dose much longer
than 2-3 weeks. Why? Because your hypo can return with a VENGEANCE. My first doc kept my on my 3/4 grain starting
dose for 9 weeks, and I certainly noticed it with achiness and the feel-bads. BAD move!!"

.. This is where my problem is I believe - I started out on 15mg for 6 weeks, then inched up to 30mg (which is where I'm at now). I do ok for the first 4 weeks or so then BAM. Holy crap on a stick! I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My doc doesn't seem to want to increase me any faster than that..

Last edited by irys; 06-09-2005 at 07:10 AM.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

I wonder how he would react to you showing him that "thread"? We patients do know a thing or two...it is our bodies afterall....

Old 06-09-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

I'm going to ask her if we can at least put me up to 60mg and give that a whirl for a while.. I don't know how she'd react to seeing the thread - she's pretty progressive.. but....

Old 06-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Some people may have to have some t4 added in with the Armour. I have found that is what I need.

As I kept increasing my doses of Armour, I didn't really feel that great. So, I have had to add some t4 in with my Armour.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

*nod* In March my T4 was becoming supressed - it was 1.0 (.9-1.8), down from 1.2 in December's labs.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was below the lab range now.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes that is the month I found out mine was under the middle of the range. I felt so awful with the skipping heartbeats with palpitations, not being able to sleep well, depressed, edema, feet hurting.Thank God I don't have that anymore.

Gee it seems like forever to get to feeling better. I think that the longer you are hypo, the longer it takes to get well.

Just like the other day I did some very strenuous work and the next day I crashed. So I am still not recovered yet.

Also, I decided to take 2 grains in the morning instead of 1. All I had was very bad hand tremors and nervousness. That was way too much t3 for my system to handle.

Closed Thread