It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

abigchocoholic HB User
t3 and t4 absorbtion

I've been told the standard info about t3 and t4 half life-- that t3 is about 8 hours and t4 is about a week.

But yesterday I took a lot more t4 and very little t3 to see what it felt like and I swear the t4 was hyping me up by the end of the day. I could feel it. My heart was beating faster. I had trouble going to sleep. How could this be if t4 has a half life of a week?

And IMO, the big difference t3 and t4 act differently on the body. One huge diffrence is are the emotions. T3 seems to turn on the emotions --the happiness, the passion, the adrenaline responses etc. t4 just made me feel like a wound up robot. But I tried it because I wanted to see if I could get some of that t3 volatility out of the picture. I wanted to see if I could get my body to convert what it needed.

My point is that irrespective of what "they" say about half life, I'm positive that I can feel changes in significant doses of either t3 or t4 the very same day.

Does anyone else agree?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User
Re: t3 and t4 absorbtion

Could it be that your body absorbs each differently?
I can just picture this: T4's madly rushing around all through your body, frantically trying to find whatever it needs to become a happy T3. The T3' are just 'chillin', doing their thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Naaa...I think of it more like this....T3 is Crack....comes on hard, leaves fast. T4 is like caffeine....gives you a little jolt each morning but you still need it to feel well and it helps to smooth out the ride.

I won't go into my opinion about T4 cause my docs all think I am nuts and I was making up the heart racing and hand shaking, but I swear it affected me significantly the first time I tried starting my dose.......all three times I tried it and quit. That's my biggest dillemma right now. All docs say I need to be on meds but Im scared to death to take it.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
(male)

abigchocoholic HB User

You guys miss my point. I normally take 150mcg of t4 a day and some t3. Yesterday I took 200 mgc of t4 and very little t3. So 50mcg more of t4, with a half life of a week, that means only 25mcg gets used up in the next seven days because 25mcgs is still there after a week. 25 divided by 7 is just under 4mcgs being absorbed daily.

So, how in the world could 4mcgs being absorbed yesterday make me feel like I drank 5 pots of coffee? According to the Docs I shouldn't feel 50mcgs making such a huge difference so quickly.

But I do.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

abigchocoholic---I'm not sure why it would make such a difference---but I know there are times when I feel a big jolt from a 25mcg dose. I wish I was getting a big jolt of some sort of something right about now...
In fact, you just reminded me I have some chocolate in the fridge. Gotta go!!!

nasty----LOL!!! Crack and Caffeine. Now those are terms I can understand.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
(male)

abigchocoholic HB User

That's what I figured-- that I'm not that different, that other people experience the same thing. I think there's a little more going on in our bodies than this half life logic.

I'm trying it again today just a little less. 175mcg of t4 and 9 of t3. I've been taking 160 of t4 and 15 t3 or 150 of t4 and 14 t3.

It's just that the t3 is so damn strong. It can really charge everything up and then I need to crash or take a nap. I don't know what crack feels like, but I certainly get the analogy. t3 is powerful stuff-- but like all things there's a price to pay when overdone.

Closed Thread