It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

skewch HB User
I got snipped!

LOL I knew that'd grab your attention! Well, last week I posted to a thread re: hairloss and what we all did about it....well, I got my hair all chopped off!! I mean the hairdresser took my ponytail and chopped it right off, it was laying on the floor and I looked at it like it was my arm!!!

Well, all I can say is, it's perfect...no curling, no blowdrying, no fartin' around with it....just put a little mousse or whatever in and tousle it up a bit and voila, done in 2 mins flat--perfect for us lazy thyroid-challenged people!!!

It's pretty bad when all the girls at the corner store all comment on how great it looks, and that has got to tell you something---that you looked like total crap before!!!!

Go for it girls, get it all chopped off, you won't be sorry and your shower drains will thank you for it! My hair still falls out a little bit, but maybe 3 hairs instead of 300 per day...this is awesome...and I have healthy hair! It's been a while, but I have it!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Re: I got snipped!

I admire your courage!! Truly!!! We are strong even though we feel weak aren't we?!!
Best wishes,
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

SKEWCH: Yay! Go for it! I am gonna do it this week!

Old 06-13-2005, 02:06 PM   #4

mimiblue HB User

Yay!!! Congratulations...you're a brave woman....

Mimi

Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

skewch HB User

Pixie, great to hear it...for me, it's taken a long time to get to the point I was at last week, I was fed up and that was that, it was coming off.

You will feel soooo good once it's all gone...what kind of cut are you getting? Let me know how it goes too!!!

Mimi, yes it took some guts, but I'm so happy I did it...I probably won't ever have long hair again...and this is the shortest its ever been in my life besides birth!

Susan

Old 06-14-2005, 06:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

I know that was a hard decision to make, but I am proud for you! I ended up getting about 4 inches cut off last year when I was losing the most. Now that my dosages are more optimal, I am getting baby hairs all over.
For those looking to do the same thing - look for a place that will donate to Locks of Love (an organization that uses the hair for wigs for cancer patients). It is a wonderful thing to do!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

Congrats! I'm sure you look "absolutely maaarvelous!"

Old 06-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
(female)

skewch HB User

Well, everyday I look at my hair now (been 6 days since it was chopped) I can't believe the change. My husband couldn't put his finger on it, he said it didn't make me look older, didn't make me look 20, so I filled it in for him...I look healthy and normal?!?! My face is opened up and I don't have a droopy look to me anymore...this is helping me.

I definitely don't miss the hair falling out, as it was really bad...I love the fact that I can brush my hair and not worry about how much of it is clinging to the back of my shirt!

Like I said in an earlier posting, I feel liberated. Plus, my calcium levels are normal right now and that has me feeling the best I've felt since Feb. Positive change is good...and I am looking forward to a nice fun summer with my kids...then I have to find a new job...I just closed the doors to my cleaning business because I am unable to do that kind of work anymore.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

Wow, if getting your hair trimmed did that much for you, I'm going to out and get a crew cut!
Glad you're feeling better----have a great summer and find that job in the fall!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #10
(female)

skewch HB User

Wasn't much of a trim, it was a makeover of sorts...I had hair down to the middle of my shoulder blades and was thick and heavy. It was downright gross. Now it's cut hip..its very short...like an inch at the back...all you do is spike it all over by running your fingers through it upwards and on the sides, then your bangs you straighten with your fingers and smooth them on the sides of your forehead...easiest hairdo of my life!

Pretty close to a crew cut LOL but not THAT short on top!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

I'm jealous! It sounds great!

Closed Thread